Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Badboy

Doom Builder 2 - copy monsters, music

i try to copy rooms with monsters to a new location but the monsters stay on the old set point. how to copy and paste all things in a room to another location.

in one single map i want play a few music tracks. one after another. i heard ACS is the solution. does that mean it works only in newer doom ports? what are the exact commands for what i want.

In Things mode select all of your monsters, then without deselecting your selection switch to Linedefs (or Sectors, or Vertices, whatever you fancy best) and select all of your rooms. This way you have both selected and you can copy both at once.

Badboy said:

in one single map i want play a few music tracks. one after another. i heard ACS is the solution. does that mean it works only in newer doom ports? what are the exact commands for what i want.

If you want to play a few music tracks, one after another, you just need to gain a midi that combines several tracks inside. I think some wads do it.

Anyway yes, ACS is your flexible solution. But it only works in ZDoom and its derivates. To be able to use ACS, you either need to use "ZDoom:Doom in Hexen format" for your map, or to use LOADACS to load an 'external' script with any map.

I have to warn you: it's both quite advanced, and mapping beginners aren't at all advised to start with this. If you still want, you can start studying the links I gave you. I am also willing to help you out, you can always ask me or the community for help.

In that case, the first thing I would ask you before advising you would be, in which format do you map, and how do you imagine the tracks would be changed? (in intervals, after a certain point in a map...)

Badboy said:

You can use MUSINFO to change music, but it works only on PrBoom+ and some newer source ports. It has it's own advantages over ACS.

hey guys, thanks. i think for my first map ever i skip the music part. but later on it could be i write you scifista :)

Guest Unregistered account
Badboy said:

Hey guys, thanks. I think for my first map ever, I'll skip the music part.

Here's the ASC script to play certain music at the start of the level:

{
#include "zcommon.acs"
script 1 ENTER

{
setmusic("<music name>");
}

...and for a list of all the music names in Doom/Doom II, you can visit:
http://doomwiki.org/wiki/Doom_II_music