Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Doom Builder 2 - copy monsters, music

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:45. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Badboy

i try to copy rooms with monsters to a new location but the monsters stay on the old set point. how to copy and paste all things in a room to another location.

in one single map i want play a few music tracks. one after another. i heard ACS is the solution. does that mean it works only in newer doom ports? what are the exact commands for what i want.

Old Post 10-03-13 16:23 #
Badboy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phml
Forum Staple

In Things mode select all of your monsters, then without deselecting your selection switch to Linedefs (or Sectors, or Vertices, whatever you fancy best) and select all of your rooms. This way you have both selected and you can copy both at once.

Old Post 10-03-13 17:13 #
Phml is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Badboy

i kiss you!

Old Post 10-03-13 17:18 #
Badboy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
scifista42

Badboy said:
in one single map i want play a few music tracks. one after another. i heard ACS is the solution. does that mean it works only in newer doom ports? what are the exact commands for what i want.

If you want to play a few music tracks, one after another, you just need to gain a midi that combines several tracks inside. I think some wads do it.

Anyway yes, ACS is your flexible solution. But it only works in ZDoom and its derivates. To be able to use ACS, you either need to use "ZDoom:Doom in Hexen format" for your map, or to use LOADACS to load an 'external' script with any map.

I have to warn you: it's both quite advanced, and mapping beginners aren't at all advised to start with this. If you still want, you can start studying the links I gave you. I am also willing to help you out, you can always ask me or the community for help.

In that case, the first thing I would ask you before advising you would be, in which format do you map, and how do you imagine the tracks would be changed? (in intervals, after a certain point in a map...)

Old Post 10-03-13 19:00 #
scifista42 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Archi

Badboy said:

You can use MUSINFO to change music, but it works only on PrBoom+ and some newer source ports. It has it's own advantages over ACS.

Old Post 10-03-13 19:10 #
Archi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Badboy

hey guys, thanks. i think for my first map ever i skip the music part. but later on it could be i write you scifista :)

Old Post 10-03-13 20:18 #
Joe667

Badboy said:
Hey guys, thanks. I think for my first map ever, I'll skip the music part.

Here's the ASC script to play certain music at the start of the level:

{
#include "zcommon.acs"
script 1 ENTER

{
setmusic("<music name>");
}

...and for a list of all the music names in Doom/Doom II, you can visit:
http://doomwiki.org/wiki/Doom_II_music

Last edited by Joe667 on 11-20-13 at 18:48

Old Post 11-20-13 18:42 #
Joe667 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote