Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > How do I mass-export textures to files?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:32. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Most tools only offer this feature for patches, not complete Doom textures. Currently I need all Doom textures exported to PNGs so I can perform some operations on them. Is there a tool that helps with that?

Old Post 10-08-13 21:50 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kappes Buur
Forum Regular

How does that mantra go again? Ah, yes ....

Use Slade3

Old Post 10-08-13 22:14 #
Kappes Buur is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Spammer

Yeah, I got myself a copy of Slade just for this function. But make sure to download the latest beta, stable versions don't have it yet I think.

Old Post 10-08-13 22:30 #
Memfis is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

So exporting works. It wasn't obvious since there was no Export as PNG option as with lumps, but it worked. Can I do the reverse operation easily? Import a batch of PNGs into textures with the same name.

What I intend to do is extract all Doom textures, perform some operations on all of them, and import them all as single-patch textures back into the PWAD.

Old Post 10-09-13 12:23 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
plums

Very easy to do that.

Archive -> Import Files -> pick the files you want (use shift or control to select multiple files).

Put P_START and P_END tags (empty entries) around all the graphic lumps.

Select all lumps, right-click -> Gfx -> Convert to -> choose Doom Gfx (paletted), set other options if you need and click convert all.

With the lumps still selected, right-click -> Gfx -> Add to TEXTUREx -> Create New. It should generate a list of textures where each texture is the same as the patch name.

Old Post 10-09-13 12:55 #
plums is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Memfis said:
Yeah, I got myself a copy of Slade just for this function. But make sure to download the latest beta, stable versions don't have it yet I think.

It's definitely in the 3.1.0 beta that is on the main site.

Old Post 10-17-13 21:31 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote