Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Eternal Doom HUD into doom2.wad?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:41. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
crackajaxx

Hi, is there anyway to edit the doom2.wad so that it uses the eternal doom hud instead of the vanilla doom hud? I would really like to get this done because I prefer the eternal doom hud over the vanilla. Please reply if you know if this can be done or know how to do it. Thanks.

Old Post 12-01-13 22:11 #
crackajaxx is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Don't do that.

If you really want to have the Eternal Doom HUD all the time, make a small PWADs with the relevant graphics and autoload it.

Depending on what exe you use, autoloading stuff requires different steps. A simple method would be to make a .bat file like this:

code:
doom.exe -file edhud.wad %*

Then run that bat file instead of your usual exe.

Old Post 12-01-13 22:30 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
crackajaxx

hm that sounds pretty technical, and I have no clue how to do it. I'll have to do some research and figure out how to do this. thanks for the help tho

Old Post 12-01-13 22:39 #
crackajaxx is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote