Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > best utility for viewing graphics?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:38. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
invictius
Forum Regular

SLADE renders everything in black and white (pcx files?) whereas another that I tried (the only one to work properly under win7-x64... XWE or NWT I think) had a very old-school interface and treated everything as lumps. I know some editors allow for viewing graphics but I'd like to be able to export them as well.

Old Post 12-05-13 14:24 #
invictius is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Clonehunter
Forum Staple

SLumpEd is what I use if that's any use. I believe it may view them as lumps, but they can be exported as PNG and BMP, and even imported as such.

Old Post 12-05-13 15:59 #
Clonehunter is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
invictius
Forum Regular

Clonehunter said:
SLumpEd is what I use if that's any use. I believe it may view them as lumps, but they can be exported as PNG and BMP, and even imported as such.

It seems that SLumpEd displays them in black and white, and exports them in b&w, whether I export as bmp or png.

Old Post 12-05-13 16:07 #
invictius is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
plums

Did you set up your base resources (iwads) and are you selecting a palette? SLADE shouldn't be b&w.

Old Post 12-05-13 17:27 #
plums is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
invictius
Forum Regular

plums said:
Did you set up your base resources (iwads) and are you selecting a palette? SLADE shouldn't be b&w.

Didn't have iwad set up - as for palette, how do I set it up, as in, what values?

Old Post 12-05-13 17:44 #
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

SLADE 3 is by far the best utility for viewing Doom graphics since it is the only one which has a built-in toggle for aspect ratio correction.

invictius said:
SLADE renders everything in black and white

This is because you are looking at an archive that does not contain a palette, and you have not set a base resource archive containing a palette, and you have not chosen to use one of the innumerable built-in palettes.

SLADE's palette management is extremely powerful and thorough. Just pay some attention to the UI.
http://i.imgur.com/Q9iMID4.png
See those things? Those weird, wonderous things? One says "Base resource" and the other says "Palette". Try to learn what splendid mysteries they hold.

Old Post 12-05-13 17:51 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote