Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Weapon reskin

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:07. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
codeslicer

How would I reskin weapons if I wanted to edit them myself? Same weapons, just reskinned when the player holds the weapon or its on the ground.

Old Post 12-06-13 20:30 #
codeslicer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kalinus

codeslicer said:
How would I reskin weapons if I wanted to edit them myself? Same weapons, just reskinned when the player holds the weapon or its on the ground.

Go through these tutorials http://gunlabs.blogspot.com/2011/01/tutorials.html the 2nd one is what you are looking for though you should do the first one before hand.

Edit: Also try searching the forum its how I found this page :-)

Old Post 12-16-13 04:38 #
kalinus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kalinus

Did you give it a shot?

Old Post 01-02-14 06:09 #
kalinus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
codeslicer

kalinus said:
Did you give it a shot?

Yea thx! :D

Old Post 01-07-14 17:17 #
codeslicer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
codeslicer

Also, is there one for Skulltag or Zandronum? I mean ZDoom is good but I prefer ST

Old Post 01-07-14 17:19 #
kalinus

codeslicer said:
Also, is there one for Skulltag or Zandronum? I mean ZDoom is good but I prefer ST

Is it not working in either of those? It should work for both of those. I made the pistol from turok rage wars using those tutorials and it works in Zandronum.

Old Post 01-08-14 23:09 #
codeslicer

kalinus said:

Is it not working in either of those? It should work for both of those. I made the pistol from turok rage wars using those tutorials and it works in Zandronum.

Yay it works! but I cant get the square around weapon to be transparent.

Old Post 01-08-14 23:55 #
kalinus

codeslicer said:

Have you tried using gimp it works great for editing images in my opinion and you can make the background transparent.

Old Post 01-09-14 00:36 #
codeslicer

kalinus said:

Have you tried using gimp it works great for editing images in my opinion and you can make the background transparent.

I'll try it, but I don't have admin power here so I cant dwnload.

Old Post 01-09-14 00:38 #
schwerpunk

codeslicer said:

If the square around it is a solid colour, and that colour isn't also on the gun, then you can use SLADE to automatically set that colour to transparent.

Just dump your .png into SLADE, right-click it > Graphic > Convert to...

Then just check the box marked "Enable Transparency," select the radio button marked "Transparent Colour:," then on the left image, click on the colour you want to be invisible. The image on the right should preview to a checkered background around the gun, showing you that you've succeeded.

Good luck. I just recently got into gunmaking myself. It's a lot of fun! :-)

Old Post 01-09-14 01:36 #
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
codeslicer

schwerpunk said:
If the square around it is a solid colour, and that colour isn't also on the gun, then you can use SLADE to automatically set that colour to transparent.

Just dump your .png into SLADE, right-click it > Graphic > Convert to...

Then just check the box marked "Enable Transparency," select the radio button marked "Transparent Colour:," then on the left image, click on the colour you want to be invisible. The image on the right should preview to a checkered background around the gun, showing you that you've succeeded.

Good luck. I just recently got into gunmaking myself. It's a lot of fun! :-)

Thanks! :D

Old Post 01-09-14 01:56 #
kalinus

codeslicer said:

I'll try it, but I don't have admin power here so I cant dwnload.

Gimp is a free image editing program you can get it here http://www.gimp.org/

You can use it to convert images into the doom pallet too.
This is a good vid to watch if you wanna make your own stuff for doom and it will teach you how to use the doom pallet in gimp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1giZaRWOOE

Old Post 01-09-14 02:41 #