Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Yep... I seriously need help with THIS.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:25. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Joe667

*Sigh*... I'm at a risk of being moved back down to a "Newbie" status on Doomworld if I continue at this rate...

In any case... How... do... you upload a wad to Doomworld?

Edit: Or, rather, how do you upload them to /idgames?

Last edited by Joe667 on 12-11-13 at 17:44

Old Post 12-11-13 17:07 #
Joe667 is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Joe667 said:
In any case... How... do... you upload a wad to Doomworld?

You don't. Doomworld does not host wads.

However, you probably meant the /idgames archive. Because of this the links to various files are to doomworld.com, but make no mistake: when you actually download anything, it's not from Doomworld, but from one of the FTP servers that mirror the /idgames archive.

Anyway. Normally I'd link you to this thread and that one for explanations of how to upload stuff to /idgames, but currently, this one is the most appropriate link.

So, short answer: you don't.

Old Post 12-11-13 17:15 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Joe667 said:
Or, rather, how do you upload them to /idgames?
While the archive's master server is offline, your best options are to upload to a file hosting site or personal website (if you have one), then promote your project in Wads & Mods. Many mappers do that as a matter of course, so their wads can be tested and debugged before being submitted to the archive.

Old Post 12-12-13 01:23 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote