Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > standard weapons and ddf

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:41. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
deathz0r
Bitch fuckin' stole me chaingun!

fanatic might be able to explain this, but it's somewhat weird...

Lets say you have weapons.ddf in your wad, but not in the same directory as EDGE. It contains none of the original doom 2 weapons in any shape or form. However, when you load EDGE with your wad, the doom 2 weapons pop up again, as well as the weapons in weapons.ddf in your wad. Is there any way to fix the problem with the doom 2 weapons popping up?

Old Post 07-03-01 13:49 #
deathz0r is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tobester
I die a lot.

edge.wad has them internal inside them. Try dleting them out or replacing them :P

Old Post 07-03-01 20:18 #
Tobester is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deathz0r

yeah, well, what bout the public eh?

Old Post 07-03-01 23:21 #
deathz0r is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fanatic
Old Post 07-04-01 00:27
This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]
deathz0r

i'll wait for the next release.

Old Post 07-04-01 01:04 #
MACVILWHORE
Want some coffee?

No you won't you lazy ar$e, GET TO WORX NOWZZZ111111

Old Post 07-04-01 15:54 #
MACVILWHORE is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katgut
Post Out Of Order

Two things you can do.

1. Name your weapons the same as DOOM weapons. had to do this with QDOOM for the hands/fist and pistol, since these two are the only ones that are given to the player automatically. The rest won't exist unless you decide to cheat.

2. Wait for the next release of EDGE, which has a #CLEARALL command to flush out normal DOOM DDF entries (same as #CLEARALL for RTS).

Marc, you missed the third method: Take your DDF files and such and put it into an alternate edge.wad file. Then tell people to back up their edge.wad file before installing your add-on.

Old Post 07-05-01 07:41 #
Katgut is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deathz0r

that's what tobe said above.

Old Post 07-05-01 23:48 #