Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > 3d model animation in doom

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:08. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
uryu the wind scythe
Warming Up

OK...so I have searched all over, and I'm sure its here somewhere... but darned if I can find it.
Anyone hook me up with a link to a tutorial witch tells how to write the code for a animated 3d model?
I know the basics of importing a 3d model, but the rest has eluded me so far. Also, i have looked THOUGHLY thrugh DS-MODELS.PK3 and cannot figure out what i am doing wrong. Help is greatly appreacitated.

Old Post 12-19-13 06:32 #
uryu the wind scythe is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kappes Buur
Forum Regular

http://zdoom.org/wiki/MODELDEF

Old Post 12-19-13 06:53 #
Kappes Buur is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
bcwood16

What Engine are you coding for, I can help with Doomsday stuff, but not worked with any other engine.

Old Post 12-19-13 09:46 #
bcwood16 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vermil

The heading of that particular wiki article is misleading; as those are only definitions for ZDoom and ZDoom derived ports, not all ports as the heading implies.

Last edited by Vermil on 12-19-13 at 10:11

Old Post 12-19-13 09:57 #
Vermil is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
plums

Anything on the ZDoom wiki implies only ZDoom and child ports, though I agree that this is not be obvious to someone unfamiliar with it. "MODELDEF is the lump which defines models used in hardware-accelerated ports" means hardware-accelerated ports based on ZDoom in this case.

Old Post 12-19-13 12:42 #
plums is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
uryu the wind scythe
Warming Up

I'm working with skull tag, zandronium, and gzdoom. The mod has no problems with any of these so far... I'll try the information on this link and hope it works.

Old Post 12-20-13 09:42 #
uryu the wind scythe is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
uryu the wind scythe
Warming Up

OK I finnaly got some time from work, and I'm wondering...does this apply to weapons as well? (I'm having trouble with blenders way of animating models...)

P.s im uaing. GZDOOM only now.

Old Post 12-28-13 06:17 #