Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Barrels and co-op

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:29. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Soundblock

How are barrels affected by the item respawn toggle when playing co-op, if at all? Do barrels respawn if pickup items are set to do so, or are they always a fire-once-and-forget item?

Old Post 12-20-13 00:52 #
Soundblock is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gOrEE33
Warming Up

The Barrels respawn only if you set in. The item respawn only affect items, while the barrels respawn option will ONLY spawn the barrels. Logical no? When you look at the barrel, type in the console linetarget (the barel must be in front of you) The barrel has 30 hp. When you use the code to an item, it says just: no target found. Thats the difference from items and barrels.

Old Post 12-20-13 11:16 #
gOrEE33 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Soundblock

gOrEE33 said:
The Barrels respawn only if you set in. The item respawn only affect items, while the barrels respawn option will ONLY spawn the barrels. Logical no? When you look at the barrel, type in the console linetarget (the barel must be in front of you) The barrel has 30 hp. When you use the code to an item, it says just: no target found. Thats the difference from items and barrels.

Not sure I get what program you're describing settings and commands for, my hands-on exerience with co-op Doom is severely limited at present and I'm just building a level in Doom Builder, but I think still take your meaning: there is a separate respawn flag you can set for barrels, independently of items respawning.

That's really all I was wondering about, thanks! :-)

Old Post 12-20-13 11:23 #
Soundblock is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

He's apparently talking about ZDoom.
sv_barrelrespawn
linetarget

Old Post 12-20-13 11:50 #
Gez is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

In ZDaemon item respawn flag doesn't affect barrels but there is a separate flag for them. It is very rarely used.

Old Post 12-20-13 11:58 #
Memfis is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jayextee
Darth Jrrr

If someone's asking about (non-port-specific) "Doom", don't give a ZDoom-specific answer. Give a vanilla answer unless specified elsewhere, otherwise you are misleading them.

Barrels do not respawn by default, at all. Some source ports enable this, or have an option for it. Not all do.

Old Post 12-20-13 11:59 #
Jayextee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

There is item respawn in vanilla? o_O

Old Post 12-20-13 12:34 #
Memfis is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jayextee
Darth Jrrr

In deathmatch, there is. However, barrels do not respawn.

Old Post 12-20-13 12:38 #
Jayextee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Avoozl
Indecisive

I thought respawning items were available during nightmare mode and -respawn.

Old Post 12-20-13 12:44 #
Avoozl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Memfis
Forum Legend

Jayextee said:
In deathmatch, there is. However, barrels do not respawn.

But he was asking about Coop so obviously he was talking about source ports and not vanilla?

Old Post 12-20-13 12:47 #
gOrEE33
Warming Up

Well at last, barrels are flag of monsters (theyre modified, but they do not move). But i think these barrels doesnt affect item respawn...

Old Post 12-20-13 15:27 #
gOrEE33 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Marcaek

Memfis said:

But he was asking about Coop so obviously he was talking about source ports and not vanilla?

Vanilla Doom has Co-op support. Unless you mean something else?

Old Post 12-20-13 22:49 #
Marcaek is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

gOrEE33 said:
Well at last, barrels are flag of monsters (theyre modified, but they do not move)

No, barrels aren't monsters. They're merely shootable objects.

Old Post 12-20-13 23:19 #
Gez is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Soundblock

Well.... I only recently rediscovered that Barons start fighting once they explode barresl unto each other! I had clean forgotten about that. :-)

Good thing is, I should be able to make better design decisions for my Plasmaplant map's barrels knowing all this. There's plenty of clusters of cans in there now, and I wasn't sure whether to leave them in for co-op mode, if they were respawning by default...

Since they don't - I'll leave them in. If they were respawning they would probably have been an eventual detriment to co-op gameplay, was the the thought behind starting this post...

Old Post 12-21-13 02:55 #