Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Error saving iwad on Slade

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:53. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
doomgargoyle
Banned

Hi, im trying to learn Slade to edit some wads, but I can't save my changes, because when I click on save I get an error saying "IWAD saving disabled". I looked up that I have to change the setting iwad_lock in slade.cfg but I cant find that slade.cfg file. How do I save IWAD changes in Slade?

Old Post 01-07-14 18:13 #
doomgargoyle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Why are you attempting to modify IWADs to begin with? You should work with PWADs.

Old Post 01-07-14 18:30 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
doomgargoyle
Banned

because i want to. Is there no way to change the iwads?

Old Post 01-07-14 18:37 #
doomgargoyle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Shadow Hog
Forum Regular

You'd really be better off just copying the content you want to modify into a PWAD and always loading it when you play, rather than modifying the IWAD itself, honestly. Netgame incompatibilities and stuff.

Old Post 01-07-14 18:41 #
Shadow Hog is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
doomgargoyle
Banned

Why is there such a problem? i want to modify an iwad. Is there no way to modify it? I wont use it for netgames.

Last edited by doomgargoyle on 01-07-14 at 18:51

Old Post 01-07-14 18:45 #
Memfis
Forum Spammer

You could change the iwad to pwad while you're editing. Just open it with any hex editor and change the first four bytes to read PWAD instead of IWAD. (then change back once you're done)

Old Post 01-07-14 19:03 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
doomgargoyle
Banned

which hex editor I could use?

Old Post 01-07-14 19:18 #
Memfis
Forum Spammer

This one is free and pretty simple - http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/
Some text processors support hex editing too (Notepad++ with a plugin, for example).

Old Post 01-07-14 19:20 #
Memfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
GreyGhost
I have a custom title now!

doomgargoyle said:
which hex editor I could use?
Try this one and make sure you have a backup of the IWAD before changing anything.

Old Post 01-07-14 23:52 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
doomgargoyle
Banned

Got them, ill try both. Thank you!

Old Post 01-08-14 03:36 #
Krispy

It's amazing how I can plan how a whole thread is going to go down just by reading the title.

Old Post 01-08-14 15:57 #
Krispy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Superluigieth1

Shadow Hog said:
You'd really be better off just copying the content you want to modify into a PWAD and always loading it when you play, rather than modifying the IWAD itself, honestly. Netgame incompatibilities and stuff.

That's what I do.

Old Post 01-20-14 23:32 #
Superluigieth1 is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote