Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Sound Effects in PFE

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 18:24. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
The_Blog

Hi guys,

I have a question.
Does anybody know the name of these 2 soundeffects in the PFE (Particle Fire Enhancer v.0.8) pk3?

The Fire sound. (Its way too loud)
And the one shown in this Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh6QD49R2_o

Cause I can't find any of these 2 in the wad files. :/

Thx in advance

Last edited by The_Blog on 01-09-14 at 03:16

Old Post 01-09-14 03:10 #
The_Blog is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cortlong50
Green Marine

hey man, ive definitely done my fair share of stealing resources from pfenh (definitely one of the raddest mods)

the door noises (i dont know if you want them all gone, but i dont know that one specific one) is in the items wad (for some reason) and you can just delete the sndseq lump if you want the vanilla door sounds and all of that, as for that one specific sound, the best way to find it (seriously...) is to go through and find the sound by playing them all, find it in the sndinfo lump, and place a $volume "name of sound without quotes" 0.5 (to start) next to it to turn the volume down. (i hope you dont already know this so i look awesome.

and the fire one, theres a few fires, theres the torch fire sound (its in torches and the sound is called trchloop, theres the vilefry sound in the sound wad.

lemme know if that helped dude.

Old Post 01-18-14 02:47 #
cortlong50 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The_Blog

Thanks that definitly helped. But I cant really get the quiter torch sound working :| I manually extracted it. Lowered the volume and imported it back in. Wont work.

I already gone through all of them and wasnt really able to figure out which one is the right door sound. But thanks for your help anyway :)

Last edited by The_Blog on 01-20-14 at 01:39

Old Post 01-20-14 01:16 #
The_Blog is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
cortlong50
Green Marine

well just throw in a fire sound that you like more and badabing haha.

sorry i couldnt be more help dude.

Old Post 01-21-14 00:53 #
cortlong50 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote