Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gez

SLADE 3.1.0 beta 4 (now featuring map editor)

I notice the new file extension for Jasc palette is not in the import palette feature. New versions of Paint Shop Pro use the extension .PspPalette but they're still the same kind of files as before.

I have this problem

I install Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Runtime and did everything I needed to do with that I still the image shows.please help me with this problem.

here is my system information if it helps:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DADI-20130723SI
System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model K45VD
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 227, 12/10/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.7

Maybe try this, it helped me too.

Kappes Buur said:
I did read the release notes and saw that the Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Runtime are needed.
The problem was that I did have those runtimes installed.

I then found the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Runtime, installed the x86 version and Slade3 ran properly.

xbobby64 said:

here is my system information if it helps:

System Type x64-based PC

Try x64 version then, maybe?

Also heh, we poor people around here mostly don't understand Chinese.

xbobby64 said:

Now I have this
http://i62.tinypic.com/n1cuix.jpg
(sorry its in chinese)

I have no idea what the Chinese characters say, but I can read the Latin characters in the middle so I'll guess it complains about not finding libfluidsynth.dll.

If you don't have it, you can download one that works well from here, though you'll need to rename it from fluidsynth.dll to libfluidsynth.dll. Then make sure to put it in the same folder as the SLADE executable.

Its works man thanks :)

Also heh, we poor people around here mostly don't understand Chinese.

I don`t know Chinese either and also laptops and computers are way cheaper there.

Out of curiosity, which of us two's advice actually helped you, Gez's (libfluidsynth.dll) or mine (x64 version)?

The question: How to check unused textures/check content if I use different wads - the one with resources and second/third for maps (for one project). May be implementing some wads linking? Because its useful to store resources and maps in different wads (test them, e.t.c).

Also map editor still missing some basic functions like flip sectors and editing sectors/lines right when pasting them.

Aliotroph? said:

7 x64.

Here's what I get if I blow away the layout file (the only way to undock it). Then I can move it but not resize or close it.

Ah ok, think I know what happened. Should be fixed next version.

riderr3 said:

The question: How to check unused textures/check content if I use different wads - the one with resources and second/third for maps (for one project). May be implementing some wads linking? Because its useful to store resources and maps in different wads (test them, e.t.c).

Also map editor still missing some basic functions like flip sectors and editing sectors/lines right when pasting them.

That will probably have to wait until the project system I plan on implementing some time after 3.1.0 (perhaps for 3.2.0). Flip/mirror I will add before 3.1.0 final I guess, though I'm not sure about the second. Does DB2 do that? I know SLADE 2 didn't.

scifista42 said:

Out of curiosity, which of us two's advice actually helped you, Gez's (libfluidsynth.dll) or mine (x64 version)?

Well he already answered it, but x64 runtimes won't work - it has nothing to do with the OS/system, SLADE3 is a 32 bit program so it requires the 32 bit runtimes, even if the system is x64.

Bloodshedder said:

Any way to invert mouselook in 3D mode??

Not currently, would be very simple to add though.

riderr3 said:

How to convert maps between hexen format and doom2 format? Even DB1 can do this.

Map format conversion will come after 3.1.0.

riderr3 said:

How to convert maps between hexen format and doom2 format? Even DB1 can do this.

I didn't know that DB1 could convert from Hexen format to Doom2 format.
One learns something new every day.
I must try that.

[edit]
I hadn't used DB1 in ages and even then only on rare occasions. So, I may be a bit rusty using it.

I loaded a map in Hexen format into DB1.
There is absolutely nothing to convert a map from one format to another that I could find.

@riderr3 --> How did you do this ?

Copy/Paste does not count since it does not convert anything.

However, until Slade3 gets a conversion routine, there are ways to convert from Doom/2 format to Hexen format to UDMF.

Yes, 'converting' to hexen format in DB will wipe all specials. I don't want to do that in SLADE, it will have a proper converter like zwadconv.