Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ClumsyCryptid

Strife Mapping

I got this idea that I've been writing down for the past few days for a map. Originally I was considering using the Serpent RPG system, and Hexen for it. Then I got the idea that I could make it more storybased if I used Strife instead.

Now, I know the Strife section has about five-ish maps in it. I am rather curious how one goes about creating a Strife map with interactive NPCs in Doom Builder 2.

Reason for the change is that the whole basis of the map involving a cult, and a city to "cleanse" with outlaying territories would work well with Strife as I can add in pieces of story through dialogue selection, and possibly several endings.

I figured this would be an interesting map set to tackle rather than setting everything up with Hexen.

A little help to scoot me in the right direction will be nice.

TL:DR:

Need help either through advice or guides on how to program NPCs and responses in Strife.

Edit: I want to make a long Strife map set with a plot, a few bits of silly dialogue here and there, and as I said about a few possible endings.

Strife's conversation system uses a format described here. If you're targeting ZDoom compatibility specifically (what with having used the Serpent RPG stuff), you can use this instead of trying to create the binary blobs.

It's still rather technical and limited, without many examples.

Gez said:

Strife's conversation system uses a format described here. If you're targeting ZDoom compatibility specifically (what with having used the Serpent RPG stuff), you can use this instead of trying to create the binary blobs.

It's still rather technical and limited, without many examples.

Thank you.

I sort of ran into those after I made my post. I really didn't expect anything unlimited, or untechnical, but that Zdoom prompt looks rather easy, and yes I was looking at Zdoom compatibility.

Also, I was wondering, are Hexen-like weapons compatible with Strife in the Zdoom format? I'm honestly not that decent with implementing custom weapons... yet.