Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Moving Animated HUDMessage

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:41. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jaxxoon R
Forum Regular

Hey, uh... I've been trying to make an animated titlecard that appears at the start of a level, but I can't for the life of me get it to work. I even tried looking through the PSX TC's TITLEMAP code to see what they did and how I could rig something together, but to no avail.

Basically, what I've been trying to do is make an animated HUD Message that scrolls from the right into the middle of the screen, stays for about three seconds, and then continues on off the left side. How do?

Old Post 05-15-14 15:01 #
Jaxxoon R is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kappes Buur
Forum Regular

Not exactly what you want, but this example from the KDiZD development may point you in the right direction.

You are up for a challenge. right ?

http://i.imgur.com/OvhD2b8.png

Old Post 05-15-14 20:48 #
Kappes Buur is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Superluigieth1

You can use the UACMN2 script for a new map. It has a title and a description about it. BUT; use it at your own risk. Why? Because, sometimes Skulltag (I'm retro, m'kay.) just doesn't like long map names and descriptions with that script.

Old Post 05-17-14 06:21 #
Superluigieth1 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jaxxoon R
Forum Regular

I got it to work, but I'm actually not using it for text, just to set the font to a graphic and have it scroll across the screen. I tried to make it animated while doing so, but it looks good static as well. Thanks for the help.

Old Post 05-17-14 22:28 #
Jaxxoon R is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote