Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
printz

Do Quake BSP to GZDoom level convertors exist?

Has anyone developped any tool that converts compiled Quake maps (bsp) to GZDoom levels with 3D floors? I suspect it would not be able to convert horizontally moving brush entities...

There's a tool that could take Half Life maps (uncompiled) and convert to zdoom 3D floors. IIRC it's pretty unstable though and doombuilder doesn't like it. Also, there are several differences between quake brushes and zdoom 3D floors, so I'd imagine that there are also a lot of compatibility problems with different maps.

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33248

Heh, that's mine :) it only converts raw maps into voidy 3d floors. The user cannot be lazy and simply supply prebuilt Quake maps. Also it can only generate 3d floors, not basic sector rooms.

Also, "unstable"? Someone tried it? :) Afaik, it was hardcoded for hpack.

Haha I was only going by what was written in the original thread. I haven't tried it personally because I found it easier to just build with 3D floors. I feel like it would be quite an undertaking to take an entire quake level and optimize it to work well with 3d floors. There's also the texturing problem, but even geometry alone would be quite a pain I think.