Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CosmicXIII

Gunfire triggered ambush ( need help )

Hey,

I draw a off-map sector which include the monsters and 2 linedefs set with the WR Teleport( monsters only )action.

I merged the off-map sector with the destination sector to get the gunfire trigger effect.

Teleport Destination Thing is in this sector as well and the
2 WR Teleport lines are sharing the same tag as the sector.

So it should work.I did it on other maps.

What happened here ?

BoomCastle.wad

BoomCastle.wad

Edit: I dont know.Just tried it again and it worked.
Maybe the demons block each other from time to time ?

CosmicXIII said:

Edit: I dont know.Just tried it again and it worked.
Maybe the demons block each other from time to time ?

Well, after one of them teleports, the rest of the crowd can theoretically settle on a pattern where demons block each other from crossing the line - but the additional teleporter line at the back should prevent it. Or you just haven't alerted the demons. Though if you've actually fired a weapon, I can't see how it could happen on this exact map, unless you've edited it anyhow between your tests. I can't see anything more peculiar there.

By the way, to say something about the map itself: You know, slaughtermaps aren't my taste at all, I don't dare to judge gameplay. It all seems okay except a few things: The map is entirely orthogonal, a bit oversized in the initial area (where monsters don't pose a threat), and monsters and resources seem to be cluttered too much (=heaps of things of the same type in one place) and other places are empty, I'm not sure if that's good. Of course, it's obviously a work in progress.

Yes it is WIP.And i am new to mapping at all so it is a sandbox/tutorial map for me.
My Goal is a working slaughter map.

-Monsters will be replaced ( too many archs )
-Empty spaces will be "filled" or i get rid of it

Edit:

-Trying to archieve a more non-orthogonal look
( I will add more mountains and stuff,and move some vertices around )

I appreciate your Tips

cheers

MALWARE WARNING!

Wow. I think this is now the single worst free file hosting site I have ever seen. So I clicked that link, and all I see is „Zum Downloaden der Datei klicken Sie bitte hier:‟ Wo? Gibt es keinen Link. Maybe it wants me to disable AdBlock... okay, that works... klicken... now what does this Windows executable want with my non-Windows system? Is it a self-extracting zip file? Nope. So what is it? Reading the runes suggests a keylogger. A more scientific approach identifies spyware. I guess that's why AdBlock blocked it. Scifista, how'd you deal with this?

/rant

Anyway, I still don't have the WAD, so I guess... make sure the teleport destination isn't somewhere that's likely to get crowded, and make sure the teleport line is between the monster and the player, as monsters try to move towards the player even if they can't see him. That's all I can suggest other than using a file hosting site that doesn't expect me to run malware...

Foxpup said:

MALWARE WARNING!Wow. I think this is now the single worst free file hosting site I have ever seen. So I clicked that link, and all I see is „Zum Downloaden der Datei klicken Sie bitte hier:‟ Wo? Gibt es keinen Link. Maybe it wants me to disable AdBlock... okay, that works... klicken... now what does this Windows executable want with my non-Windows system? Is it a self-extracting zip file? Nope. So what is it? Reading the runes suggests a keylogger. A more scientific approach identifies spyware. I guess that's why AdBlock blocked it. Scifista, how'd you deal with this?

The site looked suspicious, it opened a side browser window that could only be closed with confirmation, then downloaded a .exe file. I deleted the file without launching it at all. I found out that the site provides a direct link too (it's the button on the right) and I used it to get the wad. Now I did a quick virus check using Malwarebytes, I'm apparently safe, fortunately.

EDIT: Sorry for a selfish off-topic, but this is my 2500th forum post. At the beginning of this year, I only had 800 posts. :|

Sorry for the problems you get due downloading my map.

Free Services often are full of advertisments and all kind of crazy stuff.Imo

cheers

I use Sendspace, occasionally Filesmelt or Filedropper. They seem to be good and they're free.

Mediafire and Dropbox are known to be good, they require an account but they're probably free too, in some limited variant (or maybe not, I don't use them).

I just reupload it with Filedropper.

Its exactly the same.

There is a "real" link and a bullshit one.
Guess which one is salient. :)

Noclipping to the box, it looks like a line of demons get stuck on the linedef and aren't able to back up because of the crowd behind them blocking. Even when enough of them move out of the way there's only so many that can trickle out before it gets jammed again.

CosmicXIII said:

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/fileuploadnetnyxh8i6w2p.png

How do I make the real link appear? Do I have to register on the site or what? Oh well, at least Filedropper works.

Anyway, that teleporter is way too crowded. You might try putting another teleport line behind the first one that sends them back to end of the line of the first teleporter is blocked. That should help relieve jams.

CosmicXIII said:

I just reupload it with Filedropper.

Its exactly the same.

There is a "real" link and a bullshit one.
Guess which one is salient. :)

In fact, I don't see it as the same - Filedropper gives me only one distinct link with "Download this file" sign on it, and it's the correct one. File-Upload provides 2 "Download" buttons, one of which is not what you want. By the way, Foxpup, the correct link on File-Upload has appeared to me since the beginning. I don't use any ad-blocking software.

Nevermind, I figured it out. The CSS is set to not display it, and there's some javascript that's supposed to fix that but it doesn't run for reasons I don't understand and don't care about. So if I disable CSS it works. Yay.