Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TwinBeast

Some issues in Slade

The map preview display is completely white, except for the things. So if I want to see the map, I have to go into the map editor mode. I tried changing the colors in the preferences, but it stays white.

And another issue is in the texture editor. When typing offsets for a patch, I can't type numbers 8 and 9. If something needs to be offsetted 128 units, I need to drag the patch on the preview screen or click the up/down arrows. Same thing happens for the texture size and scale properties.. impossible to type 8 and 9.

I can type 8 and 9 elsewhere ok...

Both of these were ok in 3.1.0 beta 4. Beta 5 has the map preview ok, but has the 8 and 9 typing issue. Beta 5a brings in the map preview issue. And every version after that has both issues.

Seems the map preview is fixed on them, but the 8 and 9 are still impossible to type in the texture editor, except they work in texture names.

While the topic is still open:
I have a couple of small issues with Slade 3 (including the dev builds) and 1 request:

Upon minimizing from fullscreen
1. a garbage line appears see edit below
2. text does not wrap underneath the map preview

I had mentioned this on the Slade3 forum, but that seems to be on indefinite hiatus
3. a Clear button to blank a Filter entry, to make life a tiny bit easier.

[edit]
While not ideal, item 1 can be corrected by clicking on different lumps while Slade 3 is minimized.

Jimi said:

Seems the map preview is fixed on them, but the 8 and 9 are still impossible to type in the texture editor, except they work in texture names.

That 8 and 9 thing is really weird. I can't replicate. I've tried with the numpad, with the number row, in QWERTY mode, in AZERTY mode, in QWERTZ mode, and they always work fine for me.