Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ClumsyCryptid

UDMF and Doors... Help?

I'm fiddling around with UDMF in GZDoomBuilder, and half of the doors I have work, and the other half do not.

I've tried various methods to troubleshoot, but none of them have yielded favorable, or preferred results.

Here's a handy link to those who can check my issues, and give me a rundown of whats happening, and why my doors are malfunctioning.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bexj5irzp2t4ulz/BioHell.wad?dl=0

Edit: I prefer to have the doors in this map be bump to open rather than use. There's a lift that's not acting as a lift and is simply lowering to the activated floor, and not moving back up.

Edit 2: Using custom textures too. So a lot of missing texture placements abound.

Both sides of your door have to have a special that opens the door. DB2/GZDB has a door creator built in (highlight or select a sector and press Shift-D), which is a good start. After using that you can just modify the line specials to your liking.

Doors are always activated by linedefs with door specials.
All the linedefs must be set up properly:
-Correct action. Generic Door, or Door Open, etc etc. Check ZDoom wiki to learn correct usage of each particular action.
-Correct parameters. Tag, speed, delay etc. For example, door with Speed = 0 will obviously not move, because it will move 0-fast.
-Correct way of activation. "Player presses use", or "Player bumps", and/or "Repeatable action" (if you want it to be repeatable), etc.
-Correct orientation. Pressable / bumpable walls must always be directed towards the player who tries to activate them. Linedef's front side is indicated by the short line in the middle of a linedef.