Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

raymoohawk said:

My inner scientist would deduce that such a creature's main form of locomotion would be with sidewinder-esq flicks of its prehensile clitoris.

A more sane part of me my weak human side ponders such a strange existence and decides that a creature like this is probably best off either dead or being interviewed on a talk show.

IMX said:

According to my imgur account this is the latest sprite I've done

http://i.imgur.com/JbSg8PP.png

A mockup of an unused enemy from the Doom betas

Its like the red skull-key came alive and fought back!

Also, dig the cyberplayer sprites, nice metal-work 40oz.

Here's a new monster sprite I'm working on, built from scratch!

Xegethra - I like the bug-spawner, the evil monk whose head oozes off, the freaky green ghost, laser sprites and your excuse for why bullets burn ghosts XD You should post some gameplay from the Dark Cathedral mod!

40oz - Really cool!

raymoohawk - D:
+
LittleInferno "Indecentrocity" - XD

Da Werecat - Keep the flames! That's not ugly, it looks just like DOOM.

Soundblock - Damn, nice work.

On 6/30/2015 at 9:27 AM, raymoohawk said:

One of your top notch ones raymoohawk, particularly like how the point-details on his butt and back contrast the gradiated metals.

EDIT: Here's my current Light Vision Goggles replacement for Project PAR:

puppy_gif.gif.4e02f3f96542a7b633f4614ae3003159.gif
9861770_orig.gif

Save the puppy! It'll make your day brighter!

Edited by Soundblock : image had disappeared

TheHighestTree said:

Here's a new monster sprite I'm working on, built from scratch!

Xegethra - I like the bug-spawner, the evil monk whose head oozes off, the freaky green ghost, laser sprites and your excuse for why bullets burn ghosts XD You should post some gameplay from the Dark Cathedral mod!

Aye thanks. I will make a video on it eventually, once I finish the Priest I'm working on, there are at least two more enemies I want to place in that map then I can call it done as far it's guts are concerned, then it's any left over clean up duty.

I also quite like your little sprite, looks like a broken Hell Dog sort of thing.

TheHighestTree said:

Very nice! Looking forward to it.

raymoohawk said:

Wow. Unbelievable quality. Drawing stuff is one thing. Proper "pixel pushing" is another skill all it's own. It's a skill that you possess. Awesome!

Well I was going to do a bunch of quotes with replies but I don't want to make a huge post ;)
The stuff looks good. And some satisfyingly disturbing XD

And I am hoping this can be something like the Spriting Carnival

I'll post some more Sprites as I work on them. It's rare for me to do them I'm hoping being active in a post like this will help.

On 7/8/2015 at 4:15 AM, Xegethra said:

Well, I added this guy to my video, a priest for the cathedral.

OMG, he just summoned this guy for domination of the thread:
shot.png.fdb68b3f4c38fecdfcfadb7c49688270.png
5747487_orig.png

(wish there was an easier way of upscaling pixelart than just adding resolution)

Edited by Soundblock : image had disappeared

Old pal, so this is what your mission was all those years ago, close to a full decade if not that and more, and now finally comes the time for you to shine in the spotlight; you've been patient - enjoy.

The palette looks close to Doomworld's standard colors. Is it intentional in some way? Is it made in Wolf3D palette, in custom palette for Doom, or in truecolor?

scifista42 said:

The palette looks close to Doomworld's standard colors. Is it intentional in some way? Is it made in Wolf3D palette, in custom palette for Doom, or in truecolor?

Nope, not intentional. I think it was was using either Fate's or Hacx 2.0's color palette.

LittleInferno said:

Modified Grosse sprites.

That looks really good. Is that all the frames?

Anything else in the "mecha" department?

The coloring is indeed very good, but a helmet instead of a human face would make it completely a robot, which is something that I'm actually looking for..

gemini09 said:

That looks really good. Is that all the frames?

Yep. Bosses in Wolfenstein 3D had only front-facing sprites.

Edit: I also removed one of the walking frames. (The fourth frame didn't go well.)

I was planning on making a complete gibbing animation for the Monstruct, but I felt it wouldn't look right so now it's just a explosive headshot.

You are bound to get a weak spine sometime in the future..