Find results in...
jmickle66666666

jmickle66666666's doom lump editor v0.1 alpha

https://github.com/jmickle1/JDLE/releases/tag/v0.1

look at it ---V

Spoiler

look at it ---^

i'm made a slade-alike based on the omgifol python library

bear with me, its a bit messy at the moment.

Release notes:

First release of jdle. Please report bugs on the github issue tracker plz

DECORATE editor (click view as text, edit, then save to see changes)
Graphic viewer with awful zoom buttons
Text lump editor
idgames protocol. might not work.
load the wad in zdoom by setting up zdoom's path in settings.json then click Stuff>zdoom
sorry its messy
as i said before, please report bugs! love bugs

I don't seem to be able to run it:

G:\Games\doom\utils\jdle>jdle.exe
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 5, in <module>
  File "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\PyInstaller\loader\pyi_importers.py", line
 270, in load_module
  File "C:\Users\jmickle\Documents\GitHub\jdle\JDLE\build\jdle\out00-PYZ.pyz\jdl
e_data", line 14, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\jmickle\Documents\GitHub\jdle\JDLE\build\jdle\out00-PYZ.pyz\jso
n", line 290, in load
n", line 338, in loads
n.decoder", line 366, in decode
n.decoder", line 382, in raw_decode
ValueError: Invalid \escape: line 3 column 21 (char 51)

hotfixed an issue with the settings file whoops. redownload and it shoulddd work

ww: wait that's not the issue i just fixed. hm. i'll have to look into this, it runs for others correctly...

edit: wait it might be. can you check if the new version works for you?

Seems to work now. I'm...not sure how to work this program, though? I can view sprites, but nothing else.

WildWeasel said:

Seems to work now. I'm...not sure how to work this program, though? I can view sprites, but nothing else.

What are you trying to do? You can find all your lumps in the left and currently you can edit all text lumps, and decorate stuff.

To edit DECORATE, click the lump and hit the "view as text" button at the bottom. When you're done editing hit "save" and it will save, and should revert back to the Decorate explorer, so you can see your changes.

Any plans for later versions? If you make a one-button "clean wad" tool that allows me to . . .

1) Start all of my mapping projects with a "template wad" that contains no maps but a decent number of custom flats and textures and sprite replacements (the latter for decorative objects).
2) After the mapping is finished, automatically remove all of the unused graphics with a single click of a button.

. . . this program would quickly go to the top of my list.

Btw, is this possible right now with an existing program?

rdwpa said:

for (2) apparently the slade "removed unused" functions have been improved/made-actually-functional-instead-of-appearing-to-do-nothing. See: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-editing/72458-remove-unused-graphics/

some years ago I just ended up writing my own "push 'go' button" scripts for wad merging (think community project compilation), resource management (tex,flat,anim,switch,etc), and have been using those every since. I think there are probably a number of independently developed ad-hoc solutions at this point.

anyhow, fairly neat looking tool. Looks like the main new feature (as compared to slade) is the incorporation of some whacked-like editing for dehacked/decorate shtuffs? the animation viewer is cool.

rdwpa said:

Any plans for later versions? If you make a one-button "clean wad" tool that allows me to . . .

1) Start all of my mapping projects with a "template wad" that contains no maps but a decent number of custom flats and textures and sprite replacements (the latter for decorative objects).
2) After the mapping is finished, automatically remove all of the unused graphics with a single click of a button.

. . . this program would quickly go to the top of my list.

yeah if you just have your own template wad, map with that, then use slade's remove unused stuff functionality you have all that already. i'm definitely gonna keep working on this tool though, but I see no reason to add stuff (other than basic features) that slade already has.

stuff you want that slade doesn't already do i'd be more than happy to take a look at though!

Looks like the main new feature (as compared to slade) is the incorporation of some whacked-like editing for dehacked/decorate shtuffs? the animation viewer is cool.

yup! this was the main reason I released in this state. slade has been in desperate need for it for a while already so the solution obviously was to make it myself :)