Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Stair Problem?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:41. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
AngelOfDeath

Alright I have stairs in my wad. the ceiling hight is the same over the stairs as the sector they lead to.
My problem is the wall texture. It looks bad,
how can i make the wall texture look smooth with all the different floor height's

Old Post 07-09-01 17:10 #
AngelOfDeath is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fanatic
Old Post 07-10-01 03:17
This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]
DeePTeam

Assuming a stair out in the "open": set Lower unpegging and then use your editor to -automatically- X align (most editors can do this for you, e.g. DeePsea,WA, or Z/DETH).

Sort of the same as Fanatic's, he didn't mention the type of unpegging and didn't mention that X can be automatic. Y offsets would work in place of unpegging, but a bit more work.

Old Post 07-10-01 03:54 #
DeePTeam is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
stphrz
I use a blowtorch to make crème brûlée

First of all be sure the lower unpegged flag for the walls (linedefs) on either side of the stairs is clear (ie *not* set or checked). Since the ceiling heights are the same for all the stair sectors you now won't need to concern yourself with y-offsets because Doom draws the texture from the ceiling to the floor. The upper unpegged flag has no effect on single sided lines (I'm assuming the sides of your stairway are single sided). The sidways or x-alignment can probably be done with your editor as most have a built in funtion to do this.

Old Post 07-10-01 04:06 #
stphrz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DeePTeam

Since the ceiling heights are the same for all the stair sectors you now won't need to concern yourself with y-offsets...

Not really - it can be a 1 or 2 sided given what he gave. Look at E1M1 inside sector 32 for an example. I assumed a 2-sided version.

Old Post 07-10-01 05:45 #
DeePTeam is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
stphrz
I use a blowtorch to make crème brûlée

I assumed single sided lines because he said "wall" texture, not the "texture on the sides of the stairs." In that case, yes the lower unpegged flags should be set to simplify things.

Old Post 07-10-01 06:10 #
stphrz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DeePTeam

I assumed single sided lines because he said "wall" texture, not the "texture on the sides of the stairs." In that case, yes the lower unpegged flags should be set to simplify things.

In BOTH instances they are called "wall textures" - there is no differentiation implied by texture "location".

IOW, a "wall texture" is just a texture that is on a sidedef - nothing more, nothing less.

Old Post 07-10-01 17:28 #