Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Help viewing scripts in wads

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:41. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Doom II Guy

Alright, so say a wad has a script in it. Now, how do I view what the script says, so I can copy it. Any clue? I tried opening it with wintex but all it said was script, and it didn't show me anything.

Old Post 06-24-02 02:56 #
Doom II Guy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

Look for the SCRIPTS lump. If the wad creator saves the scripts as plain text with the wad, the script for the level in in this lump (again, as plain text). If in Hexen mode, WinTex should be able to decompile the scripts.

Old Post 06-24-02 03:06 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom II Guy

When I save it there is nothing on it, it's 0kb.

Old Post 06-24-02 03:25 #
Doom II Guy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kaiser
Doom64 Guru

well since you're using Deepsea,
if you want to save the script press f6 and select save scriptxx to a level. that will save a text file of the script into a pwad that can be viewed. but be sure you save the behavior to get the script to work.

Old Post 06-24-02 04:28 #
Kaiser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom II Guy

Again, it comes out blank...what the heck?

Old Post 06-24-02 04:48 #
deep
as in Deepsea

Doom II Guy said:
Again, it comes out blank...what the heck?
Is this your level or someone elses?

If it's your level, then in DeePsea save SCRIPT01 with your actual script file, then the lump SCRIPT01 will contain your script. I prefer NOT to use the name SCRIPTS, since that creates duplicate names for other programs.

You can use DeePsea to easily view any lump. Press F7 - Export Lump to File. Check the "External Files Only" box to just see your data.

If it's NOT your level, then you can try to decompile the BEHAVIOR. DeePsea is a bit more advanced than other decompilers, but I haven't had time to decode the latest ZDOOM format. So if it's an older format it will work (including newer ZDOOM script commands), otherwise ...

Old Post 06-24-02 07:09 #
deep is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote