Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom II Guy

Help viewing scripts in wads

Alright, so say a wad has a script in it. Now, how do I view what the script says, so I can copy it. Any clue? I tried opening it with wintex but all it said was script, and it didn't show me anything.

Look for the SCRIPTS lump. If the wad creator saves the scripts as plain text with the wad, the script for the level in in this lump (again, as plain text). If in Hexen mode, WinTex should be able to decompile the scripts.

well since you're using Deepsea,
if you want to save the script press f6 and select save scriptxx to a level. that will save a text file of the script into a pwad that can be viewed. but be sure you save the behavior to get the script to work.

Doom II Guy said:

Again, it comes out blank...what the heck?

Is this your level or someone elses?

If it's your level, then in DeePsea save SCRIPT01 with your actual script file, then the lump SCRIPT01 will contain your script. I prefer NOT to use the name SCRIPTS, since that creates duplicate names for other programs.

You can use DeePsea to easily view any lump. Press F7 - Export Lump to File. Check the "External Files Only" box to just see your data.

If it's NOT your level, then you can try to decompile the BEHAVIOR. DeePsea is a bit more advanced than other decompilers, but I haven't had time to decode the latest ZDOOM format. So if it's an older format it will work (including newer ZDOOM script commands), otherwise ...