Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Editing COLORMAPS

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:03. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

What programs edit the doom COLORMAP?

Old Post 06-26-02 03:01 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kaiser
Doom64 Guru

check out TeamTNT's tools. http://www.teamtnt.com

and inkworks

Old Post 06-26-02 03:11 #
Kaiser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Csabo

I was going to suggest my own little utility, XWE, but you said it sucks. It can edit the doom palette entry, and rebuild the colormap fading into any given color.

Old Post 06-26-02 03:12 #
Csabo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

sorry csabo but XWE gets me nowhere. thanks Deathman for inkworks.

Old Post 06-26-02 04:28 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deep
as in Deepsea

Each program listed has a different way of doing the same thing.

DeePsea - F7/Edit Palette tool - does the Palettes and Colormaps. Mostly similar to Inkworks in that it gives you a graphic to check your work and a fairly large work area to mess around in. Read the docs in the various utilities to get a handle on the basics (if you need them).

If you are doing them for BOOM, insert C_START and C_END between any custom colormaps. The way you do that is save the COLORMAP entry only to a PWAD and then import it back (F7/Import) in renaming the lump to whatever you like.

Old Post 06-26-02 04:33 #
deep is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lobo
Forum Regular

Hey Deep!

Any luck with that psx wad?

Robotech: FirstGen TC / Edge Shell Launcher(ESL) Home page.

Old Post 06-26-02 06:31 #
Lobo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deep
as in Deepsea

Lobo said:
Hey Deep! Any luck with that psx wad?
I did some preliminary work - it's similar to the ATARI version in some ways. Had some new embedded work come up - I'll see what time frees up, right now I'm not even having time to update the docs and post a new version of DeePsea:)

P.S. Railgunner : to the COLORMAP question, be sure to download DeePsea from www.sbsoftware.com for version 11.6 The one posted here is obsolete.

Old Post 06-26-02 16:38 #
deep is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rellik
Knock Knock
Who's there?

Inworks / TNT's colormap tool tutorials on my editing site, as well as ways to use them in your levels...

Old Post 06-27-02 21:48 #
Rellik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote