Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Help the noob

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 13:45. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Amaster
Artificial Mechanical Android Skilled in Troubleshooting and Efficient Repair

After years of Dooming I've finally decided to create my own maps. Dont worry, Im not about to ask someone to walk me through the process. What I do need, however is a document that lists the sizes of all the Doom 1 and 2 textures. Where could I find that?
Also, a list of thing sizes would be very helpfull.

Old Post 06-27-02 04:51 #
Amaster is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom II Guy

ftp://3darchives.in-span.net/pub/id...ing/texture.zip

Old Post 06-27-02 05:00 #
Doom II Guy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Biffy
Forum Regular

I think most doom editors will let you browse the textures and will display the size in pixels. Wintex also.

Old Post 06-27-02 05:53 #
Biffy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

I know at least WadAuthor does let you browse them and gives the pixel size. What editor are you using?

Old Post 06-27-02 06:41 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Amaster
Artificial Mechanical Android Skilled in Troubleshooting and Efficient Repair

Hmm, actually I am using wadauthor. Maybe I missed the sizes. Guess I'll have to look harder

Old Post 06-27-02 07:32 #
Amaster is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Tons of editing tutorials that may be able to help you if you get stumped. Tons of other assorted FAQs that may be able to help you as well.

Old Post 06-27-02 08:32 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Thing sizes are also available on WadAuthor. If you click on the picture of the thing (in the thing properties box) it will take you to a screen similar to the texture one, with all sizes displayed.

Old Post 07-03-02 15:40 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote