Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Piled up lines.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:36. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

Howcome every time I view a Zdoom level on Wintex the map looks like a shitload of lines on top of each other?

Old Post 06-29-02 20:52 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom II Guy

It does the same thing with me too.

Old Post 06-29-02 21:19 #
Doom II Guy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

It's because ZDoom maps use the Hexen level format. WinTex doesn't support that format so it doesn't know how to read those maps.

Old Post 06-29-02 21:48 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

Of course does WinTex support Hexen. That's what the "Hexen" button is for.

Old Post 06-29-02 23:44 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

Tarin said:
That's what the "Hexen" button is for.
Yes but it doesn't support them under "Doom" mode so you can't really do anything with the WAD but look at it's maps.

Old Post 06-30-02 01:11 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

Um.. I think you can use a doom2.wad that is converted to Hexen format for the Hexen mode.

Old Post 06-30-02 01:51 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

Tarin said:
Um.. I think you can use a doom2.wad that is converted to Hexen format for the Hexen mode.
Heh, well, of course, but that requires quite a bit of converting, plus the texture palettes don't match.

Old Post 06-30-02 06:23 #
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

I played hexen using zdoom and the colors were fucked up. The two headed thingy was a pain-elemental and the sewer dude was a spiderdemon. It's going to need a big ass conversion to fix these probs.

Old Post 06-30-02 06:51 #
BlackFish is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

RailGunner said:
I played hexen using zdoom and the colors were fucked up. The two headed thingy was a pain-elemental and the sewer dude was a spiderdemon. It's going to need a big ass conversion to fix these probs.

ROFL

A big ass conversion indeed.

Old Post 06-30-02 06:54 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deadnail
i define my reality through misery

Railgunner you fail to use the newest ZDoom, and even on top of that, you're using iwads like pwads. Crimony, I don't want to be around here in my Addidas when there's so much bullshit on the floor.

Old Post 06-30-02 07:41 #
deadnail is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

Lüt said:
Heh, well, of course, but that requires quite a bit of converting, plus the texture palettes don't match.

Wrong. Take doom2.wad, take zwadconv.exe, use zwadconv.exe on doom2.wad and tadaaaa, you got a perfectly fine doom2.wad with levels in Hexen format.

Old Post 06-30-02 12:54 #
Biffy
Forum Regular

RailGunner said:

I think Hexen support in zdoom is not quite finished, but you must have made the mistake deadnail talks about. Use zdoom -iwad hexen.wad and it should be OK. Use the latest beta on zdoom.notgod.com/ftp.

Old Post 06-30-02 16:52 #
Biffy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mmnpsrsoskl
Spasmolytic

Tarin said:

Wrong. Take doom2.wad, take zwadconv.exe, use zwadconv.exe on doom2.wad and tadaaaa, you got a perfectly fine doom2.wad with levels in Hexen format.

Wrong. It is not perfectly fine. It is Hexened fine.

Heh. Joking around.

Old Post 07-04-02 11:16 #
mmnpsrsoskl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hypr

also i think its for editing protection the program has to mess up the map for you so you wont be able to edit it its like some older maps have a "lock " on them so people cant fool around with the maps

Old Post 07-04-02 23:04 #
hypr is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
oblivion
Loser

hypr said:
also i think its for editing protection the program has to mess up the map for you so you wont be able to edit it its like some older maps have a "lock " on them so people cant fool around with the maps

ive never seen anything like that.

i have seen wintex and xwe screw up at displaying maps, but whenever i load into deepsea or deth, they display fine

Old Post 07-04-02 23:56 #
oblivion is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BlackFish
Forum Spammer

that's true

Old Post 07-06-02 05:31 #