Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > Wishing to change.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:08. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lost Soul
I appear at random

I'm trying to change 2 things, and I'm not sure how to do it. the toughness of monsters, and the height that the player can jump in ZDoom. Any suggestions?

Old Post 08-30-02 23:04 #
Lost Soul is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Lost Soul said:
I'm trying to change 2 things, and I'm not sure how to do it. the toughness of monsters, and the height that the player can jump in ZDoom. Any suggestions?

Toughness of monsters can be changed in dehacked, from the things section (as a matter of fact, I've been doing that in my ZDooM project). Jump height I don't know about, as that's a ZDooM-specific thing, and dehacked doesn't deal with those.

Old Post 08-30-02 23:38 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

The "toughness" of the monsters can be altered using Dehacked. Find the monster you're looking for, and change it's hit points to make it harder to kill. I'm pretty sure you can also change how much damage projectiles and other attacks do to you using dehacked, but I'm not exactly positive how. There's tons of other people who can clarify me, though.

Old Post 08-30-02 23:39 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lost Soul
I appear at random

what if I lack Dehacked? I only have Deepsea. or is there dehacked somewhere in there?

Old Post 08-31-02 06:23 #
Lost Soul is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

Get it from idgames. Use http://www.doomsearch.com to get dhe31.

Old Post 08-31-02 08:29 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Tyockell
I'll break my hands on your face

you answerd half my question to but can you also edit players weapon damage slash pread with dehacked?

Old Post 08-31-02 15:06 #
Tyockell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

I think you can, if you find the weapon things in the things section.

Old Post 08-31-02 18:11 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote