Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom Editing > starting out

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:48. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sephiroth
O o
/Ż_________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

well i want to learn to make doom maps. so i need a good tutorial. start with the basics, like makeing a 4 sided room. stuff like how to do hight, width and legnth. also stuff like doors, triggers and switches. the editor i have choosen to learn on is deth. i would choose deepsea but u got to buy it, and i think i will wait until i am getting good at it.

side note i am good a quake editing, however i have never tried my hand at doom.

Old Post 09-03-02 17:15 #
Sephiroth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

WadAuthor. Easy to get to grips with. It also builds sectors for you, instead of having to build them up from the ground manually.

(just select 'new rectangular sector' and a 4-sided room appears just like that. To change heights, simply click on it and choose your heights, lighting and special properties like damage etc.)

Old Post 09-03-02 17:44 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Seph, if you find you don't like DETH, go and download the DeePSea shareware! :)

Old Post 09-03-02 20:17 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pickle965

I am currently learning how to build maps for DooM and found DeepSea the easiest and best feature wise so far. I especially like the ZDoom and Boom support (the particle effects are cool). As for a tutorial, DeepSea has a built-in basic tutorial that shows how to build simple 4 sided rooms, pits, boxes and some other things. You can find a reference for the line types here: http://cres1.lancs.ac.uk/~esasb1/doom/lintyp10.txt

Old Post 09-03-02 21:11 #
pickle965 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ReX

Sephiroth said:
well i want to learn to make doom maps. so i need a good tutorial.
Check out The Unofficial Wad Designer's Handbook by Ron Allen and Bill McClendon, and Getting Started With DooM Editing by John Bishop.

Old Post 09-04-02 14:14 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote