Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sparky

D!Zone

Hello

Can Sone Tell me What the Diff
Between D!zone, D!Zone2, D!zone Collecters Edition And D!Zone Gold ??

Is There Any Difference ?? Like Is D!Zone Gold ALL The other Ones Combined Plus Some ??

IIRC the different versions contain different amount of pwads and small bug fixes. d!zone owned me back in the day, being the most readily available frontend and source for pwads. before I got source ports and stuff, I got a copy to get back in to dooming, but it didn't work on my comp.

I only have one of these discs, D!ZONE 150. Like VileSlay said this one has some kind of launcher i've never used. I rememebr playing some of the levels off here and they were pretty awful. There's some kind of randomizer built into the frontend, but i've never used it.

You can get many of them off the internet, but you'd spend days looking
for them. Most of the wads are of 1996ish quality (understandibly, because
it was compiled around then), but to me, they are the best kind.

I have both D!Zone Collectors edition and D!Zone II. The main difference
is that D!Zone II has Doom 2 levels, the other doesn't.

VolteFace said:

The main difference
is that D!Zone II has Doom 2 levels, the other doesn't.

I forgot about that. the levels that came on the cd are mostly crap IMO, but there were a few that I really enjoyed. the one I got now is the collectors edition, but since the frontend did'nt work I never tried the wads that came on the disc I got.

/me goes to scan cd for good pwads.

My D!Zone Cd worked for awhile and then it just quit working...
Don't know what happended.

Now everytime I try to install I get some fucked up runtime error.

Whatever.

d!zone collectors edition has a butload of level editors, nodes builders, graphic and music add-ons, and other utilities. IIRC the first d!zone didn't have them. some of the pwads on there are pretty good. if d!zone doesn't work just copy the pwads and try them out with the source port of your choice.

aleaver said:

yeah me to. I had purchased d!zone from ebay when I started getting back into doom because I liked the launcher. I got the runtime error and it pissed me off. in fact that was the reason I came to DW in the foirst place, to see if anyone knew of a fix for that or could recomend a new frontend. then I was turned on to source ports and forgot all about the d!zone cdrom.

VileSlay said:

d!zone collectors edition has a butload of level editors, nodes builders, graphic and music add-ons, and other utilities. IIRC the first d!zone didn't have them. some of the pwads on there are pretty good. if d!zone doesn't work just copy the pwads and try them out with the source port of your choice.

They should have included one of these cds or more with doomer's collection edition, instead of just the doom wads. :)

Torn

OneManArmy said:

what in hell's name is D!zone!?!?!?!?!?!

A little CD they sold a couple years ago that was full of Doom maps and editors they had pulled off teh Interweb. "They" being WizardWorks, sleazy opportunists who had little if nothing to do with id or Activision.

Aleaver said:

My D!Zone Cd worked for awhile and then it just quit working...
Don't know what happended.

Whatever.

You should still be able to browse the cd. Runtime errors seem to occur sometimes with old dos apps on fast new computers.

IMJack said:

A little CD they sold a couple years ago that was full of Doom maps and editors they had pulled off teh Interweb. "They" being WizardWorks, sleazy opportunists who had little if nothing to do with id or Activision.

its funny cuz its true. they also made duke!zone, w!zone 1&2 for warcraft 1&2, h!zone for heretic/hexen, and f!zone for fury 3. who knows what else they capitolized on. oh BTW wizardworks was aquired by infogrames, so good luck getting any support for d!zone, if your looking for it, as they offer very little support for dos based games.

if you really want to run d!zone, or any other dos based app that gives you a runtime error, try downloading a clock slowing program like mo slo, or slomo. I never tried them but heard they work.

I was told about 2 years ago by a WizardWorks techie that MoSlow would fix the run-time error with the D! frontend. I have never tried it myself though. The cool part about D! was the built-in level randomizer ^_^ I loved playing with that thing.

Woolie Wool said:

A built-in randomizer? I'd rather use SLIGE.

the randomizer just redistributed ememies and weapons. so for example the exit room in E1M1 might have a backpack, plasma gun, two clips, a lost soul, a berserk pack, and a cyberdemon, instead of the four armors, the stimpack, the imp, and the box of bullets. or you could make it that you only have easy enemies only. the only good thing, IMO, about the randomizer was the random light levels and random lighting effects.

the really cool thing about d!zone was that it converted doom wads to doom2 wads, and vice versa, just in case you only had one of them. otherwise all the wads that came on the cd would be useless with doom 2. and you could place them in any order. so a wad tthat was E2M5 could be used to replace doom2 map 01. other features included a cd player utility, so you can listen to your fave music while dooming, a dial-up utitly for multi-playing (which I could never get to work right), player database, and the ability to run commandline parameter thru the gui via check boxes. it was decent for its time.

I have H!zone which is for heretic and it sucks in way but it comes with new episodes

i have d!zone gold And I Was Trying To Figure Out If It was All The Other D!Zones Plus Some
But It Turned Out To Be A Review :)
Stick To The Question :D

I Also Have H!zone And Q!Zone
And There Ok

VileSlay said:

IIRC the different versions contain different amount of pwads and small bug fixes. d!zone owned me back in the day, being the most readily available frontend and source for pwads. before I got source ports and stuff, I got a copy to get back in to dooming, but it didn't work on my comp.

same here. I played D!Zone on my old comp but when i bought 2 a year later it would not run on my new one