Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

A Christian guide to doom!

Wow, what a silly review. It's like they picked up Doom as as they were putting in the CD (or floppy, heh) they dropped it and put in a totally different game alltogether. How can you even GET headshots without the ability to look up and down? I really doubt they were using a source port.
Anyway, they're entitled to their own opinion about the game, but they shouldn't put in a bunch of junk that never happened. And I really disagree with the part about training you to kill your friends. I mean, if DOOM does that, my god! We need to get Doom III off the market before it begins!
I'm not a Christian or anything, but I have some religious friends who play games like Doom. And I guess if I go to Hell for playing it, as long as there are shotguns conveniently laying on the ground, I'll know how to get out. =D

Nanami said:

It's like they picked up Doom as as they were putting in the CD (or floppy, heh) they dropped it and put in a totally different game alltogether.

Or maybe they didn't played it AT ALL (Or they played it and tried to make it sound bad)

And I guess if I go to Hell for playing it, as long as there are shotguns conveniently laying on the ground, I'll know how to get out. =D

Heh.

BTW I'd try getting a letter posted on the site showing that Christians(awfully fake)Answers.net love to invent things :D

Here we go: http://christiananswers.net/q-dml/dml-y017.html

To begin with, I can't overlook the setting. You said, "...we were in her bedroom, lying on her bed..."

Whoa, right there, Michael. You and your girlfriend have no business being in that situation, lying side-by-side, in her bedroom, on her bed. Talk about putting too much emotional pressure on a relationship.

You can't play those types of husband-and-wife games outside of marriage. God tells us to guard our emotions and affections. And he also tells us to stay away from even the hint of sexual activity outside of marriage. You and your girlfriend were crossing the line.

Hey buddy, they were "in the bedroom, lying on the bed". You must be goddamn good to find sexual activity in that part (could be true but hey, he didnt said a thing about sex)

That my 2 (CDN) cents

just because they were on her bed does not mean any sexual intercourse was going on there.

Haha. "God says don't sit next to your girlfriend."
Might lead to something REALLY sinful. Like hugging.

I knew a guy whose girlfriend copped out on their wedding plans. She said "God had told her" to dump him because she was too chicken-s#!7 to tell him the real reason. Bad enough this girl is a ditz and the real reason was shallow as hell, but to use that kind of excuse...

Instead of stupid, incorrect reviews by morons, why don't they just simply say "don't get a game that has dudes blowing the lungs out of a hellspawn while standing in a pile of guts on the cover?" Pretty simple, right?

What, you've never had sex in an animated bathroom? It's great!

Ultimate DooMer said:

You can do animated floors (and walls), by using the animdefs lump. (see the ZDooM Reference for info.)

And remember to set the "CLUE" flag to TRUE for future reference. ;)

Man, the person who first showed me DooM and with whom my first night-thru MP game was with, is an orthodox catholic himself! His opinion about DooM is simple: it's 2D, it's DRAWN, it's NOT REAL!! True, his parents have been real bitches about him playing the game and even made him read a webpage about the harmful effects of playing such a game (since all of this took place prior to 1995, it must be yet another website. I take it a lot of Christians were opposed to the game) but he decided that when a game can be explained in the simple sentence "you are GOOD, your mission is to erase BAD", it's OK to play...

Don't be fooled, if you're new to DooM and use that review as a basic guideline: There is NO score count in DooM, so NO additional points for a headshot, even IF you managed to hit a head (which is indeed a bit hard to do with no UP/DOWN option)!!!

And training to kill friends? Maybe they're talking about the DeathMatch option...?

scorpion said:
Don't be fooled, if you're new to DooM and use that review as a basic guideline: There is NO score count in DooM, so NO additional points for a headshot, even IF you managed to hit a head (which is indeed a bit hard to do with no UP/DOWN option)!!!

And training to kill friends? Maybe they're talking about the DeathMatch option...? [/B]

You can hit monsters to head quite easily: the monster just needs to be behind a floor so that you can only see the head :) No extra points though.

These "games make bad people" and "the young people today are more violent than ever" arguments are often hilarious. I once heard a woman talking about a conversation of two boys she had heard. It was like this:
- How can I hit with the sniper rifle?
- You can aim much easier by using diazepam.
And then she said that diazepam is a nerve-affecting drug and that the young people today are awfully violent as they seriosly plan to kill people with help of drugs! Thats when i laughed a lot! The two boys were obviously talking about Metal gear solid on playstation!

DooMer 4ever said:
I once heard a woman talking about a conversation of two boys she had heard. It was like this:
- How can I hit with the sniper rifle?
- You can aim much easier by using diazepam.
And then she said that diazepam is a nerve-affecting drug and that the young people today are awfully violent as they seriosly plan to kill people with help of drugs! Thats when i laughed a lot! The two boys were obviously talking about Metal gear solid on playstation!

I wish I could give out real life titles like doomboys'. Maybe they could appear on their forheads?

Ct_red_pants said:

I wish I could give out real life titles like doomboys'. Maybe they could appear on their forheads?

Lol, I second that!

Hey what's up. Most know were I stand but I am going to start by saying this. The person who wrote the review make christians seem ignorant and stupid how is he going to talk about a pentagram and not know the meaning of it. Second every thing in the world is probably evil to him. I bet he doesn't have a T.V. any more. But anyway if I wasn't a christian and I talk to him I wouldn't want to be a christian either. Man I can't stand christians like that.

Yeah I am back because he is so stupid. You know why he said that about the games. Because he is scared he doesn't understand it and so it is evil. He is like the waterboys mother Everything is the devil soda the devil t.v. the devil mayo the devil and so on. Man he is stupid.

Major Grit said:

Yeah I am back because he is so stupid. You know why he said that about the games. Because he is scared he doesn't understand it and so it is evil. He is like the waterboys mother Everything is the devil soda the devil t.v. the devil mayo the devil and so on. Man he is stupid.

You CAN edit posts y'know - stop posting excessive posts dammit.