Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Caleb

What have we here?

Greeting, I am the awsome, yet humble, Caleb! I make my own doom files, and am currently working on a whole Doom saga. Complete with 5 episodes, each contianing 10 levels.

Hello, humble, yet uh, violent Caleb. You're doing a FIVE episode Doom saga? IIRC, the Ultimate DOOM only has 4 Episodes. 10 levels each? Uh, I think the number you meant to type is 9.
Oh, and the pic of Caleb from Blood is really awesome, though I suspect you'll get flamed for it...

When this monster is released, then prithee good sir, it shall be as effortless as the motions of Cupid in his releasing arrows from his bow, in my commendation of you should these wares prove realised in their estimation.

Fall short perchance, and shall I not rebuke thee, merely lament that Mistress Fortune, as his her wont, have deceived you into unfulfilled ambitions. Therefore, sir, you have my hopes.

DooMBoy said:

Oh, and the pic of Caleb from Blood is really awesome, though I suspect you'll get flamed for it...

And so you should. Friggin softy.

DooMBoy said:

Uhh why should he get flamed for it? It's within the specified limits isn't it? Isn't it???

DooMBoy said:

Hello, humble, yet uh, violent Caleb. You're doing a FIVE episode Doom saga? IIRC, the Ultimate DOOM only has 4 Episodes. 10 levels each? Uh, I think the number you meant to type is 9.

Well, he could be doing the following :

Editing the source code to add new episodes and levels

Making it for EDGE

So, whatever. Oh and Blood rules.

bigbadgangsta said:

Blood is good imho, but Blood 2 should've had better weapons and zombies that get back up at you after you down them once.

bigbadgangsta said:

Well, he could be doing the following :

Editing the source code to add new episodes and levels

Making it for EDGE

Or maybe he meant 5 doom2 wads with 10 maps in each... :P
And blood rules... like bbg said, at least the first one...
:)

Torn

"I live... AGAIN"

Welcome to DOOMworld Caleb.Read Disorder's FAQ before posting too much. Check yo'self and all that crap.

Caleb said:

I am the awsome, yet humble, Caleb! (...) working on a whole Doom saga. Complete with 5 episodes, each contianing 10 levels.

TornTheDark thought about that and said:

Or maybe he meant 5 doom2 wads with 10 maps in each... :P
And blood rules... like bbg said, at least the first one...
:)

Torn

Well, looks like 5 episodes x 10 levels = really 50 levels he's talking about! Well, Caleb, I, and I think most people with me, are very curious about this mega-MEGA wad!

dsm said:
Blood is good imho, but Blood 2 should've had better weapons and zombies that get back up at you after you down them once.

Blood2 was unpolished and rather buggy (as seems to be the case for more than one Monolith production, I might add). Prepare to get crashed often. The menu / hud has a nasty habit of disappearing (geforce). The storyline rambles and makes no sense. The hitpoints / armor system is totally fubar, making you go from 300 health / 200 armor to 0/ 0 RAPIDLY by getting hit a few times by low-level soldiers. The clipping system sucks, and often you can stick you head through the ceiling of a room into the secondfloor room above it, or see body parts 'float' in weird positions. The level layout suggest they had a hub system planned, but replaced it with a linear levelflow featuring similiar looking levels representing 'returns': feels bad. Much more linear than I would have liked. Only a few secrets. There's really only 'one' environment (gritty city / industry) with a 2-level sidetrip to an airship and another 2-level sidetrip to another dimension to meet the end-boss, as opposed to the original game's brilliantly themed four episodes (well, brilliant apart from the fourth one). Oh, and one word to the designer who thought this powerfull instant-hit rocket launcher was a nice idea: MORON.

There are a few levels I really like in Blood2, mostly because of its theme / atmosphere or because of the layout but Blood2 is a mere shadow of the original Blood.

hehe, Mordeth.
sounds like you hated those 4 days you stayed up late playing through _every_ _single_ map of Blood2. :D

Blood was serious cool and funny. I still have it on my computer... :)

Ct_red_pants said:

I saw blood being sold for $5(AUS) a little while ago. maybe I should try to dig it up.

Blood is now being sold as 'white-labelled', about EUR 5 :-)