Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > which do you like better? Plutonia or TNT

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:47. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
xit-vono

Personally I prefer TNT. I think the levels are more well designed. I like the episode one style levels with lots of little monsters like gunners and imps.

Old Post 07-20-01 05:11 #
xit-vono is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zeratul 982
Forum Regular

I never played the PC versions of TNT or Plutonia. On PSX Final Doom, I'll say TNT because of the quantity. There are only 6 Plutonia levels on PSX Final Doom.

Old Post 07-20-01 05:16 #
Zeratul 982 is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ShadyXMR
I'm a Slave 4 U

Well of the two the only one I can play efficiently without cheats is TNT. Plutonia can reasonably be deemed "Impossible", although I have played those levels also and they look cool if you can survive in them (I got to Map05 without cheats). TNT is good though, the level design, I think, can be compared to E1. The ambiance in the maps is excellent also, it makes you watch your step because anywhere you go could trip a wire unleashing annoying snipers and huge badasses.

Old Post 07-20-01 06:32 #
ShadyXMR is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DoOmEr4LiFe
DoOm TiL dEaTh

TnT:Evilution rocks!! its my second favorite set of levels after ultimate doom...Plutonia is beatable but when you play it on UV or Nightmare your like diving into shark-infested waters

Old Post 07-20-01 07:52 #
DoOmEr4LiFe is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
elbryan42
Your Friendly Neighborhood Cacodemon

tnt. definitely. there are some cool levels in plutonia, but originality & imagine go out the window to make the levels super challenging. most of tnt's levels are masterpieces.

Old Post 07-20-01 08:07 #
elbryan42 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

I don't care much for either, but TNT *******ely wins out on that one. Plutonia is more consistent, but mainly because it was so underdetailed.

Old Post 07-20-01 08:07 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

TnT Eviluation by a long shot. Plutonia would be a lot better if it wasn't so hard.
TnT is nearly perfectly balanced, whereas Plutonia throws Arch-Viles, Cacodemons, Chaingunners, AND Pain Elementals at you from the very first level.

Old Post 07-20-01 11:56 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Feronth
Green Marine

TNT!!!11

Old Post 07-20-01 17:47 #
Feronth is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

TnT is nearly perfectly balanced, whereas Plutonia throws Arch-Viles, Cacodemons, Chaingunners, AND Pain Elementals at you from the very first level.
That's actually one of the things I liked about it. But the level design was just so horrid and 1990 that is was unbearable.

Old Post 07-20-01 18:36 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

They're each two separate 32-level Doom2 games. Each has a modified Doom2.exe to run it.

Old Post 07-20-01 19:42 #
Lüt
Administrator

Both do. Final Doom lets you install each episode individually. They each run by themselves with their own engine.

Old Post 07-20-01 19:44 #
Lüt
Administrator

Final Doom has both - you can't get one without the other, unless you stole the episode individually.

Old Post 07-20-01 19:47 #
Lüt
Administrator

Aha.

I wouldn't buy it myself, but if you don't have any actual Doom games, get it. If you already have Doom and Doom2 (or just Doom), don't even bother. There's nothing new in it that isn't in each of the original packages.

Old Post 07-20-01 19:51 #
Lüt
Administrator

...what I really want is Ultimate Doom, I havnt played E2 or E3 ever!! Just E1 from Doom95 =/
GOOD GOD, BUY THE TRILOGY!! BUY THE TRILOGY!!! BUY THE FREAKIN TRILOGY!!!!

Old Post 07-20-01 20:01 #
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

No, don't BUY!! STEAL, YOU DOOM-LESS PERSON YOU, STEAL THE TRILOGY!!! DON'T LISTEN TO LUT!!!!!!!!!!111

Old Post 07-20-01 20:14 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
elbryan42

ah... but lifting it poses the same problem as buying it. no stores have it anymore. not even second hand ones. no one's dumb enough to sell their copy of id anthology anyway. doesn't matter to me, i have all of the games in the anthology (except maybe dangerous dave registered). Plus my Commander Keen 6 is vga, not cga like in anthology.

Old Post 07-20-01 20:30 #
elbryan42 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
elbryan42

i'm pretty sure anthology isn't there. if it was, i would've bought it for the extra stuff in there (namely the cyberdemon figure).

Old Post 07-20-01 22:58 #
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

isnt tnt and pltuonia a box of candy

Ling please ban this piece of monkey shit.

Old Post 07-21-01 01:04 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Opulent

Plutonia is easily better. come on.
Xit is the first *player* that I have ever heard say that TNT was his preference.
Plutonia is more challenging; besides, I honestly feel that a lot of the TNT maps are UGLY. heh

that is just my opinion, of course...
Dario Casali rules.

Old Post 07-21-01 02:38 #
Opulent is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
X-DOOM

TnT Evilution is the best !

Old Post 07-21-01 03:53 #
X-DOOM is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ShadyXMR
I'm a Slave 4 U

Xit is the first *player* that I have ever heard say that TNT was his preference.

I am a *player* also and prefer TNT(actually that's all I am; I don't make levels or mods).

Old Post 07-21-01 07:28 #
ShadyXMR is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sirjuddington
Slade doesn't mean what it used to

I like TNT better. I have the same general opinion as most others here... PLUTONIA IS TOO FREAKIN HARD!

And the levels on TNT are much better in design and gameplay.

Old Post 07-21-01 08:19 #
sirjuddington is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
RTC_Marine

TNT is the best IMHO
It will kick plutonia's ass anyday.

Old Post 07-21-01 09:57 #
RTC_Marine is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote