Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcesHigh

DOOM GAME MUSIC WITH REAL INSTRUMENTS!! (fucking amazing heavy metal!!)

CyRaptor said:

Aces:

0:22-1:33 "Running from Evil" - Doom II Map01
1:33-2:17 "Intermission from Doom" - Doom E2M3
2:17-3:10 "At Doom's Gate" - Doom E1M1
3:10-4:20 "Kitchen Ace (and Taking Names) - Doom E1M4
4:20-4:55 "At Doom's Gate" (Again)
4:55 "Sweet Little Dead Bunny" - Doom E3 ending cutscene

thanks a lot CyRaptor!! :)

Wouldnt it be cool if someone did a new DOOM 1 with the SERIOUS SAM engine (the only one capable of supporting so many monsters in polygonal format) with the songs in digital mp3 format played by this band???

Their version of "the Focus" is horrible, they leave out all the harmony.

Listen to the original and youll se what i mean

oops, i was talking about the other "new" doom cover page, this is something ive never seen, im downloading right now

Lost Soul said:

Wel I just came back and already I see a new version so maybe that was it..

Well, now I see it, but I can't get it. I just get a message in another language. I right clicked, but I can;t get it that way either....

ok, i went back to the site, and they really totally redesigned the site and apparently have included the DOOM song in the download section along with other songs to be released in a DEMO CD. BUT this new version is about 3 minutes longer!!!!! That IS GOOD!

On the other hand, I cant download it also, with or without GETRIGHT. That message in Finnish PROBABLY says something like it cant find the file, meaning that in the site redesign process, they probably made a broken link... we will have to wait them to fix it or someone can email them and say to them the link is broken!

Xian said:

Their version of "the Focus" is horrible, they leave out all the harmony.

Listen to the original and youll se what i mean

THE FOCUS?? Wich song is that? CyRaptor posted these are the songs on the mp3:

hmmm... thats it... if you can download it right now. They redesigned their page yesterday (or today) and the link is broken right now.

I will email them for them to fix the link

AcesHigh said:

THE FOCUS?? Wich song is that? CyRaptor posted these are the songs on the mp3:

yeah that was wrong i apologize, i was talking about the Band from sweeden or denmark that just posted all the doom songs, that wasnt this

WHAT BAND FROM NORWAY OR DENMARK??????

ok, this is a robbery, give me the link or you die!! :) :)

do they also play with real guitars etc? Or is it just keyboards?

ok, forget about the broken link.

it just worked for me now... and i am downloading it again!

and no... its NOT a new song. The other one was 5 mb cuz it was zipped. I forgot about it. Its exactly the same song.

Xian said:

oops, i was talking about the other "new" doom cover page, this is something ive never seen, im downloading right now

What other "new" doom cover page...?

that rocks. I actually like the sound effect in the song, although some of them could have been placed better.

LorD BaZTArD said:

Magikal, you know Janick Gers? Cool :D

Yeah I used to sound engineer for a band he was in before Iron Maiden...they were called 'White Spirit'. I still see him occaisionally when we both return to our home town, xmas etc. He's cool, no problem.
Aces High, I'm sure it'll happen one day, Doom/Doom2 will be re-made with a superior, modern engine keeping the gameplay as close as possible to the originals. Please be soon!

This is seriously neat stuff, but it does have a little flaw.

Running from Hell is an odd choice for a "heavy" Doom track remake but they pull it off quite nicely.

The drumming is a bit monotonous. More variation would be neat. (Yeah, I am a bit nitpicky).

Thanks for sharing the link. I must say, was a bit *too* heavy for me. I'm not really into heavy metal but I thought I'd give it a listen anyway. I think I'll keep it on my HD for a few days and give it another chance, you never know it might grow on me. Other that that all I have to say is: VBR, BOO! :(

It does sound pretty cool, but after hearing everything from the Doom soundtrack a billion times, I can't listen to anything related without wanting to rip out my headphones.

OneManArmy said:

are any of the other tracks worth the download? my connection's pretty lame too.

dunno... do you like Heavy Metal?? I havent listened yet to all the songs... but they seem to play in Stratovarius/Sonata Arctica style with bits of Rhapsody flavour.

Thanks a lot everybody for the feedback :)

I'm the guy who made this mp3 actually... I play the guitars and keyboards. If I had realized the song would become this popular I would've got into it a little better, made it longer etc. But it's quite OK now I think. What troubles me most is that bunny in the end. I shortened it and I don't like it now :)

The Intermission-music is great in my opinion too. Most people won't recognize it because the original music is really a LOT slower :) But the tempo of the song required it to be this fast.

When it comes to e1m1, the original arpeggios there were impossible for me to play, so I had to alter them a bit. I just tapped the chords as fast as I could :) All in all, I'm glad you liked it.

The drumming job is a bit too monotonous. Some slight variation would be appreciated.

The guitars and bass are absolutely top notch!

I doubt even Bobby Prince was able to do the arpeggios of "At Doom's Gate" (D_E1M1) correctly.

Overall this stuff is great enough to send me into "compulsory headbang mode".

One more thing: this thread couldn't have appeared at a worse time :) I was updating the pages and none of the links worked for a long time. They should be OK now.

As for the Intermission again, I was convinced it should be a part of the song when I heard that it actually had a drum solo in it! :)

I didn't want to start with e1m1 since everybody else does :) Of course, it's the most famous song of them all... I really wanted to do the arpeggios in "Running from Evil" also, but it would've made the first part a lot longer... so I dropped them.

The intro wasn't played, I extracted all samples from the game and created a playing sequence of them :) Of course I decided to use the samples throughout the song after that :)

You didn't "play" the intro? Could'a fooled me.

And again, the song absolutely rules. Do yyou have a version without the sounds lying about Cardhago?

I don't have a version without the samples but I guess I could make one if I find the backup of the song... I'll get back to that later.

Try doing an ambient DOOM themed track if you can - I'd love to hear how you'd pull that off :-)

Cardhago said:

Thanks a lot everybody for the feedback :)

I'm the guy who made this mp3 actually... I play the guitars and keyboards. If I had realized the song would become this popular I would've got into it a little better, made it longer etc. But it's quite OK now I think. What troubles me most is that bunny in the end. I shortened it and I don't like it now :)

The Intermission-music is great in my opinion too. Most people won't recognize it because the original music is really a LOT slower :) But the tempo of the song required it to be this fast.

When it comes to e1m1, the original arpeggios there were impossible for me to play, so I had to alter them a bit. I just tapped the chords as fast as I could :) All in all, I'm glad you liked it.

Hi dude. It was me who created this thread. I am a member of the IRON MAIDEN BB and a finnish guy there (maybe he knows you guys personally??) told me about your band and this DOOM song. Btw, I downloaded other songs of your demo and loved them. I thought they would be too much like Stratovarius, but I think they have some Rhapsody symphonic flavour to them.

I wrote an email to some of you guys in the website... dont know if you guys saw it...

UP THE IRONS
UP THE EPICLORES :)

Btw, one song I would really kill to listen it made with real guitars is the one from the last DOOM level, E3M8, with the Spiderdemon. Its really thrash metal!!

AcesHigh said:

WHAT BAND FROM NORWAY OR DENMARK??????

ok, this is a robbery, give me the link or you die!! :) :)

do they also play with real guitars etc? Or is it just keyboards?

http://www.kinkiness.de/doom.html

these were the guys i was talking about, theyre version of the focus is the only one that isnt perfect

Nice, but I still have to say that Jeremiah Sypult's E1M8 recreation mp3 owns me.