Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
asshead

I need help updating

If the patch isn't working you may need to purchase a newer copy of Doom 2. If you ask somebody for a download location or to send it to you, I'm sorry, but we would have to ban you. You can pick up Doom 2, Ultimate Doom and Final Doom in one package called Doom Collector's Edition for about $20.00 (American dollars).

Yeah, he has Doom II v1.666 and hes trying to get it to goto v1.9, He downloaded the patch and put it in the Directory with his Doom II and he tried following the instrucions (or so he told me) but to no avail he kept saying he got a error, I'd help him more, but I am swamped with homowork, I can't afford to be failing anymore than I am so...Mike, the best thing is to just buy a new one like BBG said, plus, U'll get all the other ones too :D

The collection is not that great, the 4 doom wads and doom95.exe, now that is shit. No level editors, no extra wad, nothing at all except the doom wads... :(

DOOM Anomaly said:

Thats the patch he downloaded, and he says that an error keeps poping up when he follows the instructions...Im a bit vague on it...

run "upgrade" patch you may get error, ignore this it just fixes a date stamp
then run phase_1.bat this can take a while and even look as if its stuck , be patient
then run phase_2.bat
file size of doom2.wad at end should be 14,604,584 bytes

fodders said:

run "upgrade" patch you may get error, ignore this it just fixes a date stamp
then run phase_1.bat this can take a while and even look as if its stuck , be patient
then run phase_2.bat
file size of doom2.wad at end should be 14,604,584 bytes

Yea, I also told him to do that, but he kept complaining about a error popping up...I just talked to him again yesterday, he said he still doesnt get it...