Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

New wolf updated!

The WolfGL Project (for Wolfenstein 3D) has just been updated, as well as afew bug fixes, it hass added support for Hires textures and MD2 models... I've yet to test it out, but sounds interesting. Take a look.

This kicks so much arse it isn't funny.

Some things that need to be fixed:

- Ways of ending levels other than elevators don'tr work (E.g Killing a boss, Cutscene Trigger in Ep 1)
- No md2's for enemies, but that'd be easily fixed.
- Suit of armor MD2 keeps looking at me, sprite-style. Quite irritating.

But otherwise, it kicks glWolf's ARSE!

How many people here prefer the wolf models just the way they are? I for one do. Wolf with different looking weapons and enemies just isn`t wolf to me. Its something else.

Same goes with jdoom with the custom models. Though the original models do look weird when you look at them from a diagonal angel. Look more like cardboard cut outs or something.

icemann said:

How many people here prefer the wolf models just the way they are? I for one do. Wolf with different looking weapons and enemies just isn`t wolf to me. Its something else.

Same goes with jdoom with the custom models. Though the original models do look weird when you look at them from a diagonal angel. Look more like cardboard cut outs or something.

Firstly, Wolfenstein and Doom (the old games mind you) have sprites, not models.
Secondly, it's still Wolf even if you turn the sprites into models (basic movement feel and toughness of enemies is maintained), but it just looks a little different - but I agree that both Wolfie and Doom are better with sprites (it's one of the charms of the games).

i believe that ken game was the first version of the build engine, later seen in duke3d, blood, and many others. however it was a very early version of the build engine, probably a stable alpha

I think someone actually made this a while back, only it was called LAB3DSDL or something. *shrug*

Bum_Head said:

YOU GUYS CANT STOP ME IM ON A ROLLL BOOYAH GRANDMAMA

So who are you REALLY?

Lüt?
Dashiva?
Ralphis?
Esco?
Superman?

Well, SOMEONE likes NewWolf...

Originally posted by John Romero on the Rome.ro forums, after I posted about NewWolf
Wow, I really like this port! So far it's the only one I've seen that does the game justice...

Source