Icon of Sin / Baphomet
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > Well, here I am again!

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:59. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DemonSlayer
Green Marine

I haven't been here in a while, and there's a reason for that-I have gotten Legacy to working status!! The only problem is, it really doesn't give you that much stuff that can't be found in other, more modern, FPSs.
I am not saying its bad. I love the ability to look up/down,
the ability to jump, and the fact that there is no pixelization (instead there is now bluriness), but really, the looking up/down jumping stuff could have easily been put in the game before it was released. It would have probably set id back all of maybe 2-3 months. My question is, why didn't they? Did they have some sort of big deadline to meet?
Oh yeah, and are there any new versions of Legacy out yet?

Old Post 07-24-01 13:43 #
DemonSlayer is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
lmnt
BAND

I love the ability to look up/down,
the ability to jump, and the fact that there is no pixelization (instead there is now bluriness), but really, the looking up/down jumping stuff could have easily been put in the game before it was released. It would have probably set id back all of maybe 2-3 months. My question is, why didn't they?

As well as slopes, client-server architecture, floors above floors, bumpmapping, raytracing, polys instead of sprites, fully 3D environment, enhanced AI that could outsmart the player, realistic shadows and good storyline?

(listed with decreasing probability)

Old Post 07-24-01 20:32 #
lmnt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lt
Administrator

and the fact that there is no pixelization (instead there is now bluriness)
And when the HELL did that become a good thing?

Old Post 07-24-01 23:53 #
Lt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Sheesh, again?

Your name should be BobSpam SquarePixels

Old Post 07-25-01 06:40 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote