Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > Switching from Chainsaw to fist

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 16:21. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Zlpempleh
Warming Up

In the manual(In my case,the .pdf manual that came with the Doom collection)it says that you can switch from Chainsaw to Fist after the chainsaw is picked up.You also can do the same thing with the Double-barreled shotgun and the normal shotgun,which works.But when I try to do the same with the Chainsaw fist thing,it doesn't work.Is it a problem with my computer(Which I doubt),or is the manual wrong counting the fact that most game manuals have at least one wrong claim in it.I'm just curious,it's not like it's gonna get to me.

P.S.,it's not possible to play Doom/Doom 2/Final Doom deathmatches with a Cable modem right?

Old Post 12-11-02 21:36 #
Zlpempleh is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zlpempleh
Warming Up

Dammit,didn't see the questions forum,can a mod move this please?

Old Post 12-11-02 21:38 #
Zlpempleh is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nanami
not a woman

Once you have the chainsaw, the game thinks it'd be better than the fist, so you usually can't change back. If you have berserk, though, you can switch back and forth. Most ports allow you to change to fist regardless of whether you have berserk or not.

And for multiplayer games, use a LAN or a source port. Doom 95 has LAN support if I recall correctly. And you have to use a port if you want to play a game over the Internet. Use ZDaemon, or maybe Legacy.

Old Post 12-11-02 21:39 #
Nanami is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom_Child
Green Marine

Well if you get a black health pack (i dont know what there called) you can swich back to the fist in that level.

Old Post 12-11-02 21:41 #
Doom_Child is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zlpempleh
Warming Up

Well,I can just use the Berserk cheat then,and just put it in on every level.

Old Post 12-11-02 21:44 #
Nanami
not a woman

Doom_Child said:
Well if you get a black health pack (i dont know what there called) you can swich back to the fist in that level.

The black health box is called Berserk. =) It increases your punching power dramatically and also makes your health 100% if it's lower. I never use Berserk unless I'm fighting Demons, but the boost to 100% is almost as good as a Soul Sphere, so I avoid them unless I need them, going for regular Medkits or Stimpacks instead.

Old Post 12-11-02 21:45 #
Nanami is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom_Child
Green Marine

I love to use them agest a goup of former humans. Yes you can use the cheat that works to

Old Post 12-11-02 21:54 #
Doom_Child is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

I think ZDoom lets you use the fist if you press '1' twice without a berserk.

Old Post 12-11-02 23:10 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Ultimate DooMer said:
I think ZDoom lets you use the fist if you press '1' twice without a berserk.

Yes, it does.

Old Post 12-12-02 00:01 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
dsm
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Afaik, it depends of the version of the game. I'm quite sure that it worked in my old version of Doom 2.
At any rate, you should try and download a source port, because they usually allow you to switch from chainsaw to non-berserker-powered fist.

Old Post 12-12-02 00:01 #
dsm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nick Perrin
Enjay's bodyguard

I had that problem too when I first played with the doom and doom2 exe's, and basically every port lets you do it.

Old Post 12-12-02 03:21 #
Nick Perrin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote