Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Signing off

I remember the 10 sectors contest, if it hadn't happened I probably wouldn't restarted making doom wads, And if I hadn't seen doomworld back then I most likely wouldn't be playing doom anymore. Linguica you have done a great job.

I agree with magikal on that one...Ling should get an honourary knighthood for services to DooM.

(Pity the Queen isn't a DooMer, or she might have taken notice...)

Well, thanks for everything (and for letting me handle the newstuff every few weeks) and good luck with whatever you do in the future.

BTW, any news on who is to take over?

yeah now mordeth ep2 will never be released if he has to work on this site all the time. thanks a fricken lot ling you jrk.

jon^c said:

yeah now mordeth ep2 will never be released if he has to work on this site all the time. thanks a fricken lot ling you jrk.

[sarcasm]What an intelligent post to make
/applause[/sarcasm]

Indeed. Wow man, Ling you gotta lot of fans :D. It rocks that were all truly grateful and devoted to this site, the doom community really does have a powerful spirit, more than any other game community I know of..so cool

Well ive only been on forums fo about 4 months, but ive been enjoying doomworld since 2000. I hope this wont cause this greate site to disintegrate.

I never really new much about the webmaster, but this site rocks.

All i can say is i hope I dont read this :) "And PanetDoom welcomes its new Webmaster, Ling"

But all jokes aside, I hope you can still contibute to the web in some manner because this site has actually made me enjoy the web again (I can only enjoy slashdot for so many years!!)

You know, I can't really say I liked Ling at all but despite my hatred for him (after random bannings and such), I still respect him. He ran the page that I would automatically visit everytime I opened my browser. He ran the forums that I had to evade bans on. He did provide me with some fun. Anyway, I salute you Ling.

Oh well... I guess "I'm eating the Doomworld webmaster" talk from me at the IRC channels won't be valid any more. :) I'm going to miss that attitude of yours.

Bye Ling. True respect. See you on my dish whenever I eat you (hehe :)

heh, I'll miss you Ling. You could've demodded me as soon a Lut had done it, but you gave me a chance and thanks.

I sense despite differences we're essentially quite similar, we sure have similar upbringings although we're oceans apart. Good luck, hope you're still in #zdoom.

jon^c said:

I think that was supposed to be a joke. I don't know. I don't know how his brain works anymore.
Where's the mantra I used to know?

Ct_red_pants´ sign reads:
Cacos dream of elecric imps

Yeah! :)

Ling´s farewell pronouncement

Ciao, ciao, bambino!!!

Hyena said:

I think that was supposed to be a joke. I don't know. I don't know how his brain works anymore.

He's been distracted by Mrs. Mao.

I've been visiting Doomworld for about 2 years now and I've just joined the forums, but I gotta say; you've done an awesome job with this place. It's the biggest source of Doom everything I've ever been to, and I doubt any other site could ever live up to it. You've done well.

Thanks Ling, you own.

wow. I go away for a little while and look what happens. thanks for holding on so long, ling. you've made this a great place for doom and a great general community as well. hopefully you wont dissappear all together.

Jay and I have had to take time out for the past few days (Jay will explain at some point), but bloody hell - Sorry to see you go, Ling. Here's hoping that you're moving on to bigger and better things.

Good Luck!

I've only been coming to Doomworld for about 4-5 years, and it's going to be sad to see one of the major players going up the creek. Be well, Ling, and always remember this advice: Keep a chainsaw handy; you never know when a Pink Demon is going to come around the corner. ;P

In all seriousness, be well, and remember to heckle the people you leave behind to keep them on their toes ;)

Hyena said:

what thats not funny? or do you want humor on par with #zdoom?

locke_th said:

Be well, Ling, and always remember this advice: Keep a chainsaw handy; you never know when a Pink Demon is going to come around the corner. ;P

If a pink demon comes around a corner and I have no chainsaw, I'll just punch it to death.

Linguica, to you and all people who helped make DooMworld what it is now: thanks! The best of luck with what it is you decide to do now! :-)

*applause*
Thanks for everything Ling.
If they can't get you a knighthood, at least have yourself feature in an easter egg for DOOM III... ;)

Whoa...I've been away too long.

This comes as a huge shock to me, but I guess if you think it's in your best interest to step down from the throne then i can't stop you. I only hope that things stick together following your departure, and that you can continue to be a prominant figure in making the doom community what it is.

Best of luck for the future!

dsm said:

If a pink demon comes around a corner and I have no chainsaw, I'll just punch it to death.

Possible...but it would be a somewhat lengthy and goreless battle...ahhh, that's why I love tha chainsaw so much.