Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > IcyHot comes from hell's maw...

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:45. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

Just something I've been wondering since I first played heretic... what's up with hell's maw? Fire and Ice together so close? Hmm...

Old Post 07-26-01 01:04 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Well, you gotta realize that this Hell is in an alternate dimension....I guess that fire and ice combine to be Heretic's version of Hell in this Heretic dimension.

Or you could blame it on Brian Raffel, or one of his level-designer buddies.

Old Post 07-26-01 02:49 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
stphrz
I use a blowtorch to make crème brûlée

Learn a lesson from that and remember it when you design the levels for your megawad. Don't try to be subtle with the Doom engine. Think *contrast*. Try to have areas with contrasting lighting, texturing, colors, floor/ceiling heights or whatever. Heretic and the rest of the Doom engine games have their own reality. It doesn't have to conform to the rules of the real world.

Old Post 07-26-01 02:58 #
stphrz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

The presence of both ice and fire makes it a rather unstable and chaotical scenery...excellent for a Hell. By "Hell" we understand, bad place where bad guys live and bad things happen.

Old Post 07-26-01 06:32 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

ever play chrono trigger? one of the best spells is bipod (or something like that) firts marley freezes em and then lucca sets em on fire. neat eh?

I love chrono trigger. The move is called "antipode".

Old Post 07-26-01 16:16 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote