Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > good old DOS

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:38. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sephiroth
O o
/Ż_________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

i wounder if i can get a original copy of dos for my system and keep it on the same partion as win98. that way i could run the original doom and a few other programs old school. have any of u done this? if so tell me how i can set my pc up that way

Old Post 06-14-01 01:25 #
Sephiroth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

You can run DOS and the Win95 upgrade at the same time, but Win98 will almost always use a FAT32 partition, and DOS will not work with that.

There are more complex ways around this but it's not worth going into here. Also, there are some programs that claim they can run multiple OS's at the same time, although I've never tried any of them to see how they work.

Old Post 06-14-01 01:43 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote