Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
999cop

Doomcon - Periphery of the Extraterrestrial World...

http://zdaemon.org/doomcon (original url: http://zdaemon.com/~doomcon)

Please participate and support Doomcon if anyone is interested. Feel free to email me or msg me on software such as ICQ (101312291) or AIM (Norlan2k), or meet me on irc, irc.freenode.net #zdaemon / #zdoom. Our prior interest is in deathmatch maps. Thanks!
Copied straight from texts by Raider's & Ralphis's:

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:34 pm Zdaemon General News - Raider
Ok, I can't pay you, but if you've wanted to get involved with the zdaemon community, here's your chance. I have a few projects that I just can't find the time for.

Wad Reviews: 999Cop and I designed a website known as "Doomcon". Cop had an idea to put together a wad reviewing and rating site. I did the design work some time ago and it's pretty much complete. Cop hasn't had time to write any reviews, so we were wondering if anyone would be interested in managing this site. Initially, i would just accept the written review and post it on the site myself. In the long term I would like someone to have the admin rights/responsibility for it. This person would be the one to post the reviews and to keep it clean.

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:34 am Zdaemon Wad Editing News - Ralphis
Want your wad to be reviewed on doomcon? Here's how!

It only takes 3 easy steps:

1) Make sure you have an original wad
2) Upload it to the internet somewhere
3) Drop me an email at ralphis@zdaemon.com giving me the Author, Wad URL, and any other information you'd like.

Little Faith said:

Perhaps you should notify that you are mainly interested in deathmatch wads.

Someone might get confused.

Yeah, thanks for mentioning that, can't believe neither raider or ralphis brought that up in their words...

I am a bit confused, do you need both maps and reviewers, or just maps?

letter cease and desist blah blah blah

we already have the trademark on doomcon, please rename your project to something else

thanks

Arioch said:

we already have the trademark on doomcon, please rename your project to something else

thanks

rofl

Offtopic : Someone should start an annual lan party for the Doom community and call it DoomCon. We could have speeches by famous community people, Q&A sessions with source port & map authors, live speedmapping and deathmatch tournaments. And invite John Romero, Tom Hall, John Carmack and the other Doom-era id employees to come talk about the game.

Arioch said:

thanks

Who do you mean by "we", and which kind of "Doomcon" are you part of, besides that little piece of notepad that can be found on Google, btw I've been having this idea over a year and I just got the site up from Nightfang half a year ago

Little Faith said:

Problem: The Doom community is too scattered.

heh, oh well, let us make a danish doom lan :P