Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ghetto

Anyone like DooM 64

dsm said:

No matter how much a Doom freak you are, you shouldn't be expected to rush out and waste $$$ on a Nintendo64 just because it happens to have a Doom game that the fools never ported to PC.

And besides, why do you think I can't wait until Elby & Co. have done the Doom64 TC?

Yes, indeed, I am relying my Doom64 experience and all on the Doom64 TC Elbryan and Crew are working on. From what the screenies look like, I'm in for a treat. No need to mourn missing it when I can play it on a Pc. :)

DOOM Anomaly said:

Yes, indeed, I am relying my Doom64 experience and all on the Doom64 TC Elbryan and Crew are working on. From what the screenies look like, I'm in for a treat. No need to mourn missing it when I can play it on a Pc. :)

Pretty much what I'm going by. I've only played [that mario game] and Starfox on N64.

Isle said:

OMG DOOM64 SUX OLO~

Haven't you been losered yet?

OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Stupidity cannot be concealed

ravage said:

Pretty much what I'm going by. I've only played [that mario game] and Starfox on N64.

Mario 64 is me favourite N64 game ^_^.
Not sure if I should count the Doom64 TC as N64 playing tho.. :D

On a different note...

Dsm's Siggy says:
"...So speaks the Lord of Terror and so it is written"

Beyond the Hall of Heros lies the Chamber of Bone. Eternal Death awaits any who seek to steal the treasures secured within this room. So speaks the Lord of Terror and so it is written

:D

Sorry, Just too tempting. :D

When is Elby's TC expected to be released? From what i have heard, it'll be really kickass.
/me imagines controlling the double-bar chainsaw with a mouse.*drools*

I beat Doom 64 last night on the hardest skill level with 100% on nearly all levels. I'm so proud of myself.

Doom 64 never looked to interesting to me. All the enemies looked like ass on glass. But whatever.

DOOM Anomaly said:

On a different note...

Beyond the Hall of Heros lies the Chamber of Bone. Eternal Death awaits any who seek to steal the treasures secured within this room. So speaks the Lord of Terror and so it is written

Heh...neither the Chamber of Bone nor the Hall of Heroes was very impressive despite all of Lazarus's ranting, but you could get some 1337 stuff there.

the_Danarchist said:

Doom 64 never looked to interesting to me. All the enemies looked like ass on glass. But whatever.

Heh...neither the Chamber of Bone nor the Hall of Heroes was very impressive despite all of Lazarus's ranting, but you could get some 1337 stuff there.

Use Apoclypse in the chamber of bone, where all those black skeletons are in the middle part with the door, has a neato effect. :D

DOOM Anomaly said:

Use Apoclypse in the chamber of bone, where all those black skeletons are in the middle part with the door, has a neato effect. :D

Infravision is also fun to use there. "Woah...so many skeletons..."

DOOM Anomaly said:

The sort of thing that i've been thinking. Maybe if i take away mouse look,jump and coronas i can get the feeling that i'm playing doom64.

ghetto said:

Am I the only person that likes DooM 64? It seems that way. I thought that demon gun kicked some ass when fully powered up.

Yes.

DOOM Anomaly said:

No, it'll be a shitload cooler because you have a proper keyboard to play it on instead of some horrible keypad.

Oh and btw:
Not even Death can save you from Me! :-P

BlueSonnet said:

The sort of thing that i've been thinking. Maybe if i take away mouse look,jump and coronas i can get the feeling that i'm playing doom64.

None of that stuff will be in the TC, so you have no worries. Sure, you can use the mouse, but looking up and down will be disabled by default.

elbryan42 said:

None of that stuff will be in the TC, so you have no worries. Sure, you can use the mouse, but looking up and down will be disabled by default.

Yay! Clever work! *claps hands*

elbryan42 said:

Uhh... but you will be able to use mouse look, coronas, ect. if you whant to right?

I played it awhile back..It was cool..But I did play it only once so I can't go into more detail than that...

I can't seem to stay interested in DOOM 64. I find the game boring after only a couple of levels. There are roms out there. I'm not sure if I should mention them here. If anyone is desperate to play it just send me an e-mail with my address I supplied and I may be able to find DOOM 64 for you in a rom version, but as the disclaimer says, be sure to delete in 24 hours unless your someone who doesn't believe in government policies and shit. Really though I don't see why anyone would like to play DOOM 64. The music sucks, the level are too short, the game is WAY too dark, I mean geez you could walk around levels forever trying to find something that is in plain site on classic doom! The game is realatively short as well. I really don't like it but that's my opinion so if you like it I won't really care that's your business not mine. I am looking forward to all new DOOM games though just as long as they don't make them like DOOM 64.

nope...sorry.

we may have our programer set it as a cheat code, or have it enabled after the player completes Hectic...

Deathman said:

its going to be disabled permanently

Oh now why do you have to have it disabled permanently? I'm not good enough at programming to figure out how I'd disable that block either :( I just figure it's kind of silly to disable a function that may cause some people to just not play the thing because they can't get used to it. Sure I cleared doom.exe and the like long ago without mouselook, but I've just gotten too use to using it to give it up. Oh well, it still looks like it's gonna be an awesome project and I'm still looking forward to it very much.

Mouselook will be in there, but not looking up and down. Trust me, it's quite intuitive, and once everyone tries it they'll see the light. Looking up and down isn't needed in Doom 64. And if you don't like mouse up/down being forward/back, you can just disable the y axis, like I do.

elbryan42 said:

Mouselook will be in there, but not looking up and down. Trust me, it's quite intuitive, and once everyone tries it they'll see the light. Looking up and down isn't needed in Doom 64. And if you don't like mouse up/down being forward/back, you can just disable the y axis, like I do.

Well, personally, who are you to say what is or isn't needed in Doom64? looking up and down isn't needed in regular Doom, neither is jumping, but it's in today's source ports. Why? Popular demand. Now, why would you take away a person's RIGHT to use freelook if they want?

BBG said:

Well, personally, who are you to say what is or isn't needed in Doom64? looking up and down isn't needed in regular Doom, neither is jumping, but it's in today's source ports. Why? Popular demand. Now, why would you take away a person's RIGHT to use freelook if they want?

Because Doom was originally desigined not to have freelook nor jumping.

BBG said:

Because, in Doom 64, mouselook is cheating. There are puzzles that would be of no use if you could simply aim up to the right switch instead of going through a sequence of switches. There are a few puzzles off the top of my head that would be ruined. One in Tech Center and one in Outpost Omega.

Just like jumping in the normal Doom maps. If you can just jump up to a platform instead of having to lower it, the puzzle can be skipped.

Just because people are spoiled with source ports and have grown accustomed to freelook and jumping doesn't mean the TC has to have it. The Doom 64 team decided against looking up and down when developing Doom 64, because it won't be Doom anymore. Even with better graphics and music, Doom 64 is the same game as the original. Even the 3D aspects are done through glitches in the normal Doom code, not through a new engine.

elbryan42 said:

Doom 64 is the same game as the original. Even the 3D aspects are done through glitches in the normal Doom code, not through a new engine.

In fact, Doom64 is exactly the same as the normal doom code. Like Elbryan said, no full 3d code was inserted. most of the 3d objects like in Staging Area or Terror Core are nothing but self referenced sectors and when using mouselook to look straight up at it totally ruins the illusion.

Kirby X said:
Because Doom was originally desigined not to have freelook nor jumping.

You know, I could have sworn it was designed that way because it wasn't yet full 3D. It seems to be more that than just saying that there should not be freelook or jumping. There is no doubt in my mind that if it were possible, both of those would have been included.

At any rate, I agree that neither of these things should be in the Doom 64 TC. I mean... it's supposed to be a complete translation, isn't it? Having freelook and jumping would take away from what it is. If it's going to be there, then have it unlockable after completing something like Deathman said.