Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ghetto

Anyone like DooM 64

Am I the only person that likes DooM 64? It seems that way. I thought that demon gun kicked some ass when fully powered up.

Doom64 is/was a fine game. My only gripe was the choppiness of the enemies.

I know what you mean. Mad enemy chop. the only chop i like on my enemies is given by a chainsaw... I dig the level design. the secret levels are mad challenging.

Why do we get this question every few days? :-P

Anyway, yes, I like Doom 64 and I cannot wait for the Doom 64 TC to be done.

I know what you mean. Mad enemy chop. the only chop i like on my enemies is given by a chainsaw... I dig the level design. the secret levels are mad challenging.

Like and love Doom64. Awesome gfx, scripting, and the new weapons and the new enemy designs are very much kickass.

I wonder if they'll do a straight port with the Doom64 TC? Or if they'll tweak this and that...like have multiplayer and less choppy enemy animation?

DOOM Anomaly said:

Never played it.

/me is ashamed.

For shame DA, for shame! And you call yourself a true DooMer! :P

Doom 64 is great. It's not like PC DooM, but thats fine. It has an atmosphere all it's own. I dont like the new Imp though.

No, they cut both out. But they did have the nightmare imp and a new end boss.

Dingus Khan said:

Very awesome game. Been a while since i've played it though. Did they have the Arch-Vile and Revenant on Doom 64?

Nope, iirc they cut them especially the Arch-Vile due to space, space was an issue. :-/

Heres the link to the interview Done with the level designers of the original Doom 64, they say a bit about it. :D

Stealthy Ivan said:

Doom 64 was cool... The only thing that I saw is that the enimies where bigger then the player... Big time, even the troopers were taller!

Just 'cause the DoomGuy is a Oompa-Loompa doesn't mean he can't kick arse. :D

Stealthy Ivan said:

Doom 64 was cool... The only thing that I saw is that the enimies where bigger then the player... Big time, even the troopers were taller!

Not only that but the trooper and shotgunner looked way too much alike, from a distance it was hard to tell'em apart.

DOOM Anomaly said:

I never once said I was a true Doomer, foo. :P

DOOM Anomaly

With a name like that, you should be ashamed. :)

As a mapper for the Doom64 TC I obviously love it..

*Ponk!*

In Beta Testing all the enemies run at the smoothest. Any errors we can fix we will. Elbryan42, afterall, I've found out, is a perfectionist, and so am I.

Doom 64 was the BEST port. IMHO. It was the most fun, gave me the most reasons to play, had the best visuals, had the best sounds, it was just a near perfect game. the only thing I think coulda made that game any better was if it had mulitplayer.

DooMBoy said:

For shame DA, for shame! And you call yourself a true DooMer! :P

No matter how much a Doom freak you are, you shouldn't be expected to rush out and waste $$$ on a Nintendo64 just because it happens to have a Doom game that the fools never ported to PC.

And besides, why do you think I can't wait until Elby & Co. have done the Doom64 TC?

dsm said:

No matter how much a Doom freak you are, you shouldn't be expected to rush out and waste $$$ on a Nintendo64 just because it happens to have a Doom game that the fools never ported to PC.

I didn't say that he should of run out to buy the game, I just think it's sort of shameful if you've never played Doom64, one of the best ever console Doom ports.

And besides, why do you think I can't wait until Elby & Co. have done the Doom64 TC?

Hey, I'm excited too ya know :) I'd love to see smooth moving enemies just once in a Doom game, but that's not the only reason I'm looking forward to it.

Isle said:

OMG DOOM64 SUX OLO~

OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL