Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > Hi/question

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:57. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pinhead
Warming Up

First post. Question: How do you beat the last level of TNT? I can't find a way to get the rockets into the hole.

Old Post 08-01-01 02:46 #
Pinhead is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

I can't find a way to get the rockets into the hole.
Oh there's just so many possibilities here!

Old Post 08-01-01 02:49 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pinhead
Warming Up

Do you shoot from the stairs?

Old Post 08-01-01 02:50 #
Pinhead is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

And now they were elevated by the power of two!!!

Old Post 08-01-01 02:51 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MACVILWHORE
Want some coffee?

Do you shoot from the stairs?

do you shoot from the stairs?
do you blast thru the air?
or do you shit it outta your rear like barry the butt banging bear?

Old Post 08-01-01 03:04 #
MACVILWHORE is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

MAC's reply.

A
|
|

My candidate for POST OF THE MONTH. Seems like you people forgot of those.

Old Post 08-01-01 03:10 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zeratul 982
Forum Regular

Do you smell what Mac is brewing? :P

Old Post 08-01-01 03:10 #
Zeratul 982 is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
stphrz
I use a blowtorch to make crčme brűlée

I think I'm gonna send Mac some money for that one! =)

Old Post 08-01-01 03:13 #
stphrz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

OK, does someone can ACTUALLY answer this question? Because I never played TNT.

Old Post 08-01-01 03:14 #
Zeratul 982
Forum Regular

Well, neither have I. I only played the PSX version, but shall I take a guess and quote the name of the map?

No wait a minute. That's Plutonia isn't it? Nevermind.

Old Post 08-01-01 03:18 #
Zeratul 982 is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

Hm... he's right, I didn't see a way... I thought you just stood on the top platform after raising the stairs and then shot from there, but that's a few pixels too low. I really don't know.

Old Post 08-01-01 03:24 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MACVILWHORE
Want some coffee?

I actually make GOOD POSTS when I got a stinking hangover...go figure :P

E D I T : BTW, STEHPERZ, gimme $39.99 x135445

Old Post 08-01-01 03:28 #
MACVILWHORE is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zeratul 982
Forum Regular

Another glitch?

Old Post 08-01-01 03:29 #
Lüt
Administrator

Judging by the level quality, probably.

Old Post 08-01-01 03:33 #
Lüt
Administrator

There is no mouselook in the original game. And so it should work fine without it.

Old Post 08-01-01 06:16 #
dr_st
Sorcerer on vacation

OK, I'm finally _answering_ this question.

In TNT Evilution, Level 30, extracted from the "official" secrets list for Final DOOM, from TeamTNT's site:

---
A switch to the north of the boss shooter creates a stairway leading to the top platform. To shoot the brain, stand on the first step down from that top platform.
---

I tried it once and it worked for me.

And if anyone ever asks about "The Plutonia Experiment":

---
You will see the Big Giant Head on the wall in front of you. Directly in front of you will be two switches and a platform. Go to the right switch first, which makes the platform too high. The left switch lowers the platform for you to get on it and ride it up. The object, like in DOOM2 MAP30, is to shoot rockets into the Big Giant Brain Hole. You must raise the platform first or it will be too short to shoot from. Like in DOOM2 MAP30 (again) you will need to fire your rockets just as you clear the wall, before you get all the way to the top.
---

Old Post 08-01-01 10:46 #
dr_st is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pinhead
Warming Up

thanks

Old Post 08-01-01 15:53 #
Lüt
Administrator

---
A switch to the north of the boss shooter creates a stairway leading to the top platform. To shoot the brain, stand on the first step down from that top platform.
---
Oh, I see how they did that now... that's weird, the entire section BELOW the hole in the head is a big empty space, and Romero's head is actually in a room even further back where your shots would be aimed upward with auto-aim.

Old Post 08-02-01 11:14 #
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

---
---
Oh, I see how they did that now... that's weird, the entire section BELOW the hole in the head is a big empty space, and Romero's head is actually in a room even further back where your shots would be aimed upward with auto-aim.

I hated TNT map30. I kept wondering how to get higher up to reach the brain without realizing I had to go lower.

Old Post 08-02-01 22:56 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
xit-vono

It's really annoying because most of the time there are monsters below and you end up shooting those monsters instead of the brain.

Old Post 08-02-01 23:18 #
xit-vono is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Liam

It's really annoying because most of the time there are monsters below and you end up shooting those monsters instead of the brain.

....Which is why you get a BFG at the beginning of the level.

I could prolly beat TNT map30 from scratch, but I'm busy ruling this forum for right now.

Old Post 08-02-01 23:19 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

The only thing that's annoying is that damn pillar maze at the beginning. You should be able to follow a path of certain-color torches or something. It shouldn't just be totally random like that.

Old Post 08-02-01 23:46 #
Liam

The only thing that's annoying is that damn pillar maze at the beginning. You should be able to follow a path of certain-color torches or something. It shouldn't just be totally random like that.

It's not random. You follow the order that the colored torches are in at the beginning hallway.

Old Post 08-03-01 00:15 #