Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
skadoomer

vavoom.....

so when i say vavoom, people usually associate it with crap... Why is that anyway, and why do so many people have problems with the damn source port. (and supply a better answer than "it sucks" )

Dunno. That port's always mentioned on gaming sites, but not here. Maybe Ling has a personal grudge against it.

Source Ports are becoming like 32-level Megawads. What can that thing do the ZDoom, EDGE or MBF can't?

so when i say vavoom, people usually associate it with crap... Why is that anyway, and why do so many people have problems with the damn source port. (and supply a better answer than "it sucks" )

Unstable piece of shit (even worse than Legacy ever was) ... buggy rendering (even worse than Legacy ever was) ... controls feel horrible. Kurt Kesler claims editing for it is a pain.

That and it's hosted on Mindless. Aside from their Nazi hosting policies, I just noticed their downloads server (with a ping of 40ms to me, mind you) are only allowing about 3k/s of transfers per download. And there are no other download links to Vavoom. Frankly, I can't be arsed.

Couldnt have said it better myself. All its features sound really cool, but then you play it and, if you are lucky enough to get it working, the rendering is absolutely horrible. The only decent thing in Vavoom is the dynamic lighting...

...the readme looked strange to me, but however, the -iwad command works. The only problem is: It stores its savegames + configfiles is this subfolder 'jl'. I haven't figured out how to prevent Vavoom from doing that, nor I can test it on my own comp, because it plays the blue screen rock :(

Support Hexen.

Isn't Zdoom supposed to be able to support hexen after it gets some more work?

I recently played the new version because i heard it was a big improvment over the previous versions, personally I think it is a great _great_ port. It has almost every feature the other major ports have and more! I'm running on a SiS530 and it runs fine in 640x480. So I give the newest vavoom a thumbs up

Support Hexen.

Isn't Zdoom supposed to be able to support hexen after it gets some more work?

v1.23 will fully support Hexen when it exits the beta stage.

Timeframe? "From now" to "When the Universe ends".

I've been waiting a LOOONG time for Hexen support, and the very LAST update about it it's old, really old, and states a 5% done. HOORAY Fuck.

I've been waiting a LOOONG time for Hexen support, and the very LAST update about it it's old, really old, and states a 5% done. HOORAY Fuck.

Well it lets me choose Hexen.wad as an iwad right now. It doesn't run very damn well at all but it's quite a good start! =)