Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erp

Art on Doomworlds homepage

Who is making that great doom art that is in the upper left hand corner of the homepage? Can we get better views of it?

It comes from various sources, like game data, The Book of id, box covers, fan art, screenshots, etc.

The one of the CyberDemon is a little...weird...but sometimes it looks like the one on the Doom 2 Box/CD.....but I'm referring to the one that looks like it was made out of clay that I see most of the time.

Rubilacxe said:

The one of the CyberDemon is a little...weird...but sometimes it looks like the one on the Doom 2 Box/CD.....but I'm referring to the one that looks like it was made out of clay that I see most of the time.

Heh, i think the Imp is the weirdest one, dosnt look anything like an imp, but it still looks cool.

SmellyOgre said:

Heh, i think the Imp is the weirdest one, dosnt look anything like an imp, but it still looks cool.

Isn't that thing supposed to be a Baron of Hell?

It's from the Ultimate Doom poster, and they're not monsters from the game. On the poster, there's about 15 of them and they're red. Some have long snouts and some have flat faces. Some even have guns instead of hands, like a Mancubus or something. One is shooting a white fireball.

As a note, they have green blood. I'd say they're closer to a Baron than an Imp, but I doubt they're actually either of those.

Rubilacxe said:

From observation i'd say that was a pic of a cybie model pulled from the legacy video.

The demon, arch vile, cyberdemon are pictures of clay models. There used to be a site where you could buy them, but I can't find it anymore...

The baron of hell picture is based on a drawing by Adrian Carmack

AFAIK the marine is fanart made by someone (Fredrik?) on Doomworld.

hope that helped