Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > Using zdoom with external wads...

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:56. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Zombie Keeper
Warming Up

How can I get user created wads to work with zdoom?

Old Post 07-11-03 04:43 #
Zombie Keeper is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Amaster
Artificial Mechanical Android Skilled in Troubleshooting and Efficient Repair

The easiest way is to simply drag and drop the wad into Zdoom.exe
You can also make a shortcut to zdoom.exe, and enter the wad into the target path. I.e zdom.exe -file yourwad.wad

Old Post 07-11-03 04:46 #
Amaster is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Zombie Keeper
Warming Up

That did the trick. Thanks!

Old Post 07-11-03 05:21 #
Zombie Keeper is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
pritch
Super Moderator

-file is best, because some user creations have like 3 wads and maybe a deh to load all at once.

Also it's easiest for multiplayer hosting or joining.

Old Post 07-11-03 10:10 #
pritch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
deathbringer
Post invalidated by first word being "uhhh"

uhhhhhhhh

Make a new text file, and write this in it:

zdoom.exe -file wadname.wad -deh dehname.deh

(the -deh part is not needed if there isnt a dehacked patch obviously), now save this in the same directory as zdoom and the wadfile, but change the .txt extension to .bat (either do this when you save, or by renaming, you'll need to have "hide file extensions for known file types" turned off, but who has it turned on anyway?), then simply run the bat file, and if zdoom.exe, the iwad, the pwad, the deh and the bat file are all in the same file it'll work XD

(this was broguth to you by the old wad 'securitron', which came with bat files from which i taught myself how to create them for ports with no launchers, ie all of them except legacy XD)

Old Post 07-11-03 13:15 #
deathbringer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
chopkinsca
Nothing

I'm too lazy to type out something to run each wad.. or change it everytime I want to play a different one.
I just select all the files and drop them on zdoom.exe..

Old Post 07-11-03 17:48 #
chopkinsca is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Little Faith
Rigtige mænd er voldtægtsmænd

I use a frontend.

Old Post 07-11-03 17:53 #
Little Faith is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote