Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lost Soul

Doom 64 messages

When I was watching my friend play the level 'In The Void'
and when he picked up the key to power up the unmaker, he got the message at the top saying " It must do something.."
But when I played it later, I picked up the key and it said
" You get the feeling it wasn't to be touched.." and I was swarmed by pain elementals/lost souls. What's with this? anyone know what triggers what?

I think you have to get the keys in order.If you did or thats the first key it is either random or you did something wrong in the level.

But we did more or less the same thing when we did the level. So I don;t think anything went wrong.. until I picked it up that is.

I think you have to get the keys in order.If you did or thats the first key it is either random or you did something wrong in the level.

Here is the list of the secret Pentagrams for the Unmaker:

First One: Level 29: Outpost Omega (Also has an Unmaker in that level, which I presume many have forgotten)

Second One: Level 30: The Lair.

Third One (Which Lost Soul has found): Level 31: In the Void.

Ok, here's how it works:

Obtain 1 pentagram - "You get the feeling it wasn't to be touched."

Obtain 2 pentagrams - "Whatever it is, it doesn't belong in this world."

Obtain all 3 pentagrams - "It must do something..."

In both Outpost Omega and The Lair, the pentagram is within a sector that gives a secret credit. In In The Void, it's not within a secret area, so there you can see the pentagram message. Next time, slowly approach the pentagram in one of the first 2 secret levels until you obtain it. You'll see a pentagram message pop up, but the "You found a secret area!" message will pop up if you proceed into the sector it was in.

Here is the list of the secret Pentagrams for the Unmaker

Unmaker? Is that was the laser gun's called?