Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlueSonnet

Freakiest doom64 track

icemann said:

Doom64 doesn`t even work for me. No matter which version of Doomsday I try :(. And since the Doom64 site doesn`t work anymore (or atleast when I`ve tried going there anyways). Which really pisses me off as I`d love to play it. Ah well.

please email me about this and we can discuss this issue there. I don't want to go off topic in this thread so I'll help you via email :)

I think Final Outpost was very scary.
My brother's friend played that level and all of a sudden very loudly, we heard this scary heavy breathing like someone was gasping for air.

From then on out, I never played Doom64 with the music on ever again...

The only Doom64 track I think can really stand on it's own is indeed the ever-popular "Breakout". The rest is just slightly annoying muddle to my ears.

Breakout reminds me of some of that really strange late 70's/early 80's industrial and a slight bit of Diablo1's better moments (catacombs).

Breakdown is indeed the freakiest track.
I also like the 'music' from pitfalls and dark citadal.
I once fell asleep while I left the game on dark citadel and the 'music' was incorporated into my dream. ever since then I have had a liking for it.

Altar of Pain, Dark Citidal and Breakdown. Those three are the scariest ones of them all.

Breakdown, especially when you're sitting there in the dark and no one else around the house like I was the first time I played it.

I don't think you can call any of the ambient noises in that game "music". I so wish it had music that inspired me to go and kill stuff more, playing it with BP's old DOOM CD is so awsome :(

I can't remember the name of the level, but it's one of the secret levels. Maybe the second scret level, at the end the little power pentagram thingy comes down from a raised platform. Anyways, the track in there is just a bunch of babies crying and screaming. First time I noticed it I was playing at 2 in the morning in a dark room alone and it freaked the hell out of me. And that's why ambient music is awesome, it can really scare ya.