Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > How do I set up a Co-op game using Zdaemon???

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 00:46. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
AirRaid
Graphics Zealot

I have downloaded Zdaemon, but I don't quite get the instructions for setting up a game. I want to start a 2 player Co-op match, using the standard Doom2 levels.
I think I'm missing a file (zserver.cfg). Do I have to create this file myself? Help me pleeeeeez!!!!

Old Post 08-15-01 01:29 #
AirRaid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fodders
OWNS YOU

DMFlags - Set the rules of the game. For more information on DMFlags read
command.txt. The default flags set here are for a -deathmatch game running as
close as possible to the original DOOM. You can use DM.cfg to add more settings.
check command.txt to see how to add CFG files with the exec command.
// set dmflags "726020"

DMFlags for a Cooperative server. The default flags set here are for a game
with fast, respawning monsters, and as close as possible to the original DOOM.
Use them with coop.cfg for a fast-paced. challenging, yet playable net game.
uncomment the following line and comment the DMFlags for DM play above, to run a
//Cooperative server
set dmflags "1286148"

As you can see the dm flags for a deathmatch game are commented out in zserver.cfg "// set dmflags "726020""
and co op ones are uncommented out "set dmflags "1286148""

Also theres a line in zserver.cfg you need to give a positive value to "set cfg_activated "1""

Old Post 08-15-01 08:58 #
fodders is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AirRaid
Graphics Zealot

That's the point. I haven't GOT a zserver.cfg. The zip file didn't have one in it.

/Me is stumped.

Old Post 08-15-01 19:15 #
AirRaid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fodders
OWNS YOU

Just checked and no, it's not in 0.99 zip is it? Suggest you contact nightfang and/or find 0.96 somewhere. I went the upgrade route so must have had zserver.cfg already :(

Old Post 08-15-01 20:12 #
fodders is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AdAmIzEr
Loser

open up the zserver.cfg and at the very bottem put:
deathmatch 0

Then just run zserver

Old Post 08-20-01 13:57 #
AdAmIzEr is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fodders
OWNS YOU

He has already said, he has not got a zserver.cfg file :)

Old Post 08-20-01 16:18 #
AdAmIzEr
Loser

If u send me a blank e-mail, or give me ur e-mail address i will send it to you. Or you could aim me, or go to:

http://www.geocities.com/adamizer5000/mypage.html

I have it on my web page.

Old Post 08-27-01 13:23 #
AdAmIzEr is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fodders
OWNS YOU

Nightfang has updated the zip file, it now contains the cfg

Old Post 08-27-01 15:23 #