Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baron Slayer419

If you could invent a new Doom weapon what would it be like?

That's where the name comes from, yes, but it's an energy weapon that acts sort of like the plasma rifle.

Ultraviolet said:

EarthQuake: You're thinking of Eternity.

Whoa, is that right???? I swear there was an option in the Zdoom compatiblity menu for beta emulation....

Yeah, it's Eternity that has this option. It also has several other BFG modes like

BFG9000 - The BFG we know and love
BFG11,000 - Like the 9000 but causes radius damage
Bouncing BFG - Instead of causing extra damage with tracers, it bounces around
Beta BFG - Emulates the "original" BFG behavior
Plasma Blast BFG - When it hits something, it shoots out a bunch of fireballs

There might be another, I forget...

Flamethrower:

It would hold up to 150/300 ammo. It would use fuel canisters as ammo, and each burst of fire would do 1/5 damage as the rocked launcher. Projectiles should travel slightly slower than rockets.

Laser:

Ammo: 200/400 energy cells (different from plasma cells)

It is deadly accurate, even at extremely long ranges. Each ammo unit does 1/10 the damage of a rocket. However, it should use ammo very fast, like 10 units per second, and ammo should be rare. It should be a continuous beam.

Good ol' hand grenades:

ammo: 50/100

You arm and throw the grenade; does same damage as rockets. Maybe rockets should be convertable to grenades and vice-versa.

Nuke:

ammo: 1/1

Destroys every living thing, unless it is protected by a wall, etc. To use, you would place it somewhere (to recollect it, walk up to it and press space), and you would press the "fire" button again to remote-detonate it.

I always wanted to make a Taco. When you press the attack button, you bring it up to your face, take a bite then lower it. Maybe it can give you health or something.

And each bite should give you a 5% health bonus, however, there is a random 1/20th chance that the taco may be infected with e. coli, thus killing you as if it you were in a damaging sector.

Converted DOOMer said:

And each bite should give you a 5% health bonus, however, there is a random 1/20th chance that the taco may be infected with e. coli, thus killing you as if it you were in a damaging sector.

Reminds me of those kebabs in the game RuneScape, lol...

I swear... one day I'm going to do a simple dehacked patch for a new gun that turns enemies into the Goatse man, and release it into newstuff.

"I like... sword. That´s a personal weapon!"

Well, seriousely: Maybe a time delayed weapon that works by either explosive or termal impact.

Or what about tornados in Doom? Let us look at this: A device (maybe time delayed) that produces a tornado, a wind hose. That would be cute: Seeing all the mosters blown away, ehehe ^_^

how many times have there been forums like this? I know what my new mod will be... community weapons!!!

Give your ideas and art and sounds to me(if you dont have sounds or art, it doesn't matter, only required if you want your weapon to be a certain way). I will, in EDGE, make a mod with a max of, let's say, 30 or 40 weapons, all ideas you post in the forums! post these ideas in my "I'm back!!" forum, and i'll approve the best and the possible ideas.

If you don't think something will be possible, just suggest it anyway. You never know what I can cook up.

P.S. This mod will be insane if ever finished!!